Principal Software Engineer, AndroidBeijing, China Job ID: 2122604
We are looking for people who are passionate about solving complex real-world problems, building world-class solutions, and benefitting millions of lives. At Coupang, developers learn from one another—we share knowledge and spur each other on to come up with great ideas—and move extremely fast to create profound impact together. You will also have the opportunity to tackle large-scale challenges that arise as we grow. This includes building in-house technology, innovating mobile architecture, and advancing possibilities with machine learning and deep learning. With you, we will build a world where our customers ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
首席Android工程师 （Principal Engineer, Android）
我们致力于创造一支全栈的团队，包括研发、设计和产品。我们的工作是帮助顾客找到他们想要的商品。搜索旨在帮助用户做出明智的购买决策并获得愉快的购物体验。 这与我们如何展示正确的信息和用户评价以及确保良好的交互体验有关。 我们扩展平台，思考如何能够更好地改善顾客在这些领域-搜索与发现，购物车，结算及整个网站上的体验。
- 有在Google Play或国内app store上线产品（最好该产品目前可供下载）的经验
- 精通安卓平台，熟悉各UI 组件( Activity/Fragment/Views/Layout), 事件处理，网络通信及内存/电池效率
- 熟知MVP/MVVM 等设计模式，RxJava经验者优先
- 有调用RESTful JSON API的经验
首席Android工程师 （Principal Engineer, Android）
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As our Principal Engineer for Product Engineering Team, you manage all phases of technical projects. They oversee the product's or project’s conception, design and initial product specifications and manage scheduling, estimating and securing materials. They draft and execute construction contracts, track project progress. Principal engineers also conduct engineering studies and investigations, and prepare reports for company leadership. They also provide engineering guidance to other departments, help to train new engineers and keep abreast of industry trends and issues.
You will be engaged in the entire agile development process from participating in story estimation, feature design discussions and planning, implementation and releasing. You will design and implement system architecture, and have primary responsibility for code quality. Your focus is not only on functionality, but on performance, security and data validation. You should provide the final recommendation to a technical trade-off.
- Tech leader for agile team throughout the software development lifecycle
- Collaboration with product owners, stakeholders and designers to implement enhancements or new applications
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality/time to market imperatives;
- Share best practices and improve processes within or across agile teams, mentor junior developers
- Strong problem resolve skills
- Lead and drive company level project with collaborate with different agile teams and stakeholders.
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of native Android app development
- Experience deploying applications to Google Play, or local app stores, ideally available in app store currently.
- Strong knowledge of Android platform, and familiar with every UI components - Activity/Fragment/Views/Layout, Event Dispatch, Network Communication, and Memory/Battery Efficiency.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Good understanding of design patterns, such as MVP/MVVM. Experiences in RxJava is a plus.
- Experience consuming RESTful JSON APIs
- Passion for writing readable, maintainable and well-tested code
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field
- Senior Software Engineer
- Software Engineering Manager
- Technical Program Manager
- Product Manager (Product Owner)
- Tech Recruiter
Benefits and Rewards
Our mission is global
Coupang is a global business with offices in Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, Silicon Valley, Seattle and Los Angeles.
Our Korea office is located in downtown Seoul near Lotte World Hotel and Lotte World Mall.
Our office in Shanghai is conveniently situated near to restaurants and gyms, as well as to the Evergreen Hotel and the Chamtime Square Shopping Mall.
Our Beijing office is located in One Indigo, a Grade A-listed office tower. From our space on the 12th floor, you can take in expansive views of Indigo Park, the Ba River and the Beijing skyline. We are conveniently situated a few steps away from the Indigo Shopping Mall, and parking is easily available.
Mountain View, United States
Our Mountain View office is located in the Silicon Valley area across from the NASA Ames Research and Visitor Center.
Seattle, United States
Our Seattle office can be found in the heart of downtown Seattle near restaurants and tourist attractions such as the Pike Place Market.
Los Angeles, United States
Our office in Los Angeles is located in the Riverside area right next to the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park.