[Product Engineering] Senior Principal Engineer
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As our_ Senior Principal Engineer for Product Engineering, you will be responsible for
building Coupang customer facing products, we are in charge of 10+ mission critical applications which handles millions customer transactions every day, from customer open Coupang home page, until customer finishes her extraordinary shopping experience with an order, we are taking care every single part of this journey. Product Engineering
- Owns Coupang’s eCommerce facing features
- Drives Coupang new initiatives and mission critical programs
- Leads Coupang front systems with exciting tech stacks.
- Cloud Native (AWS), MSA, JPA, Elastic stack, Docker, Kafka, Spring boot, Graphite, Cassandra, native mobile development.
- Obsesses over site reliability to guarantee an effortless shopping experience
- Is truly global, with teams located at Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing and Bay area
Our vision is to build a trusted eCommerce platform by obsessing over reliable and effortless shopping experience, through a highly productive engineering team.
- Tech lead for Product Engineering team throughout the software development lifecycle
- Key architecture reviewer for new platform, services and solutions in Coupang
- Tech lead to drive the Company wide project
- Lead the architecture design for Product Engineering services and build a high reliable and efficient front service.
- Strong problem resolver for the tech problems in Product Engineering and Coupang
- Collaboration with product owners, stakeholders and designers to implement enhancements or new applications
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality/time to market imperatives;
- Share best practices and improve processes within or across agile teams, unleashing engineering productivity and develop team by levering up the technical width and depth.
- 10 years experiences in IT industry
- Solid Experience in design and architect in e-commerce industry
- Solid experiences in JVM, Web development, data base, multi-thread, distribution system, cache, and messaging service.
- Solid experiences in performance tuning
- Passionate in e-commerce and have a clear understanding about the common pain points and general solutions.
- Solid knowledge and comprehensive understanding about algorithm, design pattern and common used framework
- Architectural thinking tracked record in building / rearchitecting the large distributed system and launched successfully.
- Deep understanding for different DB Solution, cache policy
- Solid ability to analysis the complex business requirement and simplify with scalable tech solution.
- Tracked record in leading system reliability and efficiency improvement.
- Excellent communication skills with English.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Able to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment with frequent and on-time releases.
- Ability to present to executives for the architecture and solution
- Good document and presentation skill
- Experiences in Product Purchase funnel
- Experiences in handling high traffic like 11.11