R0003161 [Eats] Senior Manager， Back-end EngineeringBeijing, China Job ID: 2220038
We are looking for people who are passionate about solving complex real-world problems, building world-class solutions, and benefitting millions of lives. At Coupang, developers learn from one another—we share knowledge and spur each other on to come up with great ideas—and move extremely fast to create profound impact together. You will also have the opportunity to tackle large-scale challenges that arise as we grow. This includes building in-house technology, innovating mobile architecture, and advancing possibilities with machine learning and deep learning. With you, we will build a world where our customers ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our vision is to create a world in which Customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley
A Software Development Manager at Coupang owns leading a group of talented engineers working on projects to improve the lives of our customers. You will drive from you strong technical and people management background to create a team of smart and curious problem solvers. You will drive the future of systems that are distributed, highly scalable, low latency, high reliability and computation needs. You will provide technical leadership to your team helping them make sound design tradeoffs balancing tactical and strategic plans.
To succeed in this role, you must have focus to conceive products/features that matter to customers and have the deep technical vision to attract the best engineering talent. You must be self-driven to coach your engineers in their career development and grow them. Demand engineering excellence is an essential part as a leader that always be able to identify the opportunity to improve your team and your owned system.
Responsibilities and duties
- Manage Agile team(s) of high caliber engineers working on building scalable, reliable and sustainable systems
- Recruit and hire engineers according to your team’s growth target
- Coach your engineers on their career development through 1 on 1 and performance evaluation meetings
- Work with engineers to define architecture of the systems you own
- Work with Product Owner(s) and/or other stakeholders to understand requirements, set priorities, build the roadmap, and deliver to plan
- Capable of driving and delivering thin slices of functionality on a regular cadence with data-driven feedback loops in an lean process
- Own definition, measurement, and reporting of operational metrics
- Establish and run the operational support for your team’s software
- Drive improvements of engineering and operational excellence
- 7+ years of hands-on OO programming experience within a large scale, highly available, cloud-based environment (AWS preferred)
- 3+ years managing software development team
- 5+ years hands on coding including system architecture experience
- Track of records on delivery the complex system and simplify complicated business problems with proper design.’
- Rich experiences on building high-performance microservice system
- Experiences in OSS: ElasticSearch/Cassandra/Kafka/Zookeeper/Redis/etc
- Deep experience building high quality software with the Agile processes : Software design, TDD, code review, QA process
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Loves to explain the technology and has a gift for concisely explaining complex topics
- Proficiency with Java or any OO programming
- Fluent in English
- Mobile app development or management experience
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
- Experience building and operating highly scalable and highly available web services
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experiences in system reliability tuning
- Experiences in eCommerce and purchase funnel
- Senior Software Engineer
- Software Engineering Manager
- Technical Program Manager
- Product Manager (Product Owner)
- Tech Recruiter
Benefits and Rewards
Our mission is global
Coupang is a global business with offices in Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, Silicon Valley, Seattle and Los Angeles.
Our Korea office is located in downtown Seoul near Lotte World Hotel and Lotte World Mall.
Our office in Shanghai is conveniently situated near to restaurants and gyms, as well as to the Evergreen Hotel and the Chamtime Square Shopping Mall.
Our Beijing office is located in One Indigo, a Grade A-listed office tower. From our space on the 12th floor, you can take in expansive views of Indigo Park, the Ba River and the Beijing skyline. We are conveniently situated a few steps away from the Indigo Shopping Mall, and parking is easily available.
Mountain View, United States
Our Mountain View office is located in the Silicon Valley area across from the NASA Ames Research and Visitor Center.
Seattle, United States
Our Seattle office can be found in the heart of downtown Seattle near restaurants and tourist attractions such as the Pike Place Market.
Los Angeles, United States
Our office in Los Angeles is located in the Riverside area right next to the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park.