Principal Data Engineer
Mountain View, United States
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask "How did I ever live without Coupang?" We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the "50 Smartest Companies in the World" by MIT Technology Review and "30 Global Game Changers" by Forbes.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
The eCommerce Fraud Detection team is dedicated in making Coupang’s eCommerce business fraud free. We are seeking a talented, enthusiastic and technology-proficient Big Data engineer, who is eager to participate in design and implementation of a large-scale, highly efficient data platform, batch and real-time pipelines and tools. You will work closely with a team of data scientists, business analysts and engineers to ensure we detect fraud in e-commerce business and take actions with them to protect our business.
- Proactively drive the execution of our data engineering, fraud detection roadmap
- Drive design and implementation of durable & efficient software solutions that handles massive amount of structured and unstructured data
- Develop and scale data infrastructure that powers batch and real-time data processing
- Build strong cross-functional partnerships with Data Scientists, Analysts, Product Managers and Software Engineers to understand data needs and deliver on those needs
- Research, analyze and select technical approaches for solving difficult and challenging development and integration problems
- Coach and mentor other engineers in process and methodologies
- Computer Science or engineering degree
- 8+ years software development experience
- 3+ years working experience with big data ecosystem(Spark, Hive, HBase, etc.), solid experience with ETL or Data Warehouse
- Prior experience working with structured and unstructured dataand Cloud technologies like AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Solid experience with handling large data volumes in a distributed environment and web data management
- Good at one or more of program languages (JAVA, Scala, Python, etc.)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to think outside-the-box and challenge conventional wisdoms
- Experience in eCommerce or payment related field
- Experience in development of Petabyte-Scale NoSQL database and Messaging Platform
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- 15 days PTO + 15 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Flexible working hours
- Catered Lunch
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.