Principal Data Engineer
Mountain View, United States
- Work as part of an international data science & engineering team
- Collaborate with data scientists to develop scalable algorithms to be used in real business.
- Collaborate with product owners, stakeholders and data scientist to implement, enhance, and maintain important business workflows
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives
- 5+ years of Full Stack Data Engineering experience
- Experience in architecting, building and maintaining large-scale data infrastructures
- 2+ years of experience in Spark, Hive, Hbase, Kafka, EMR or other big data frameworks
- Strong programming experience in Java and/or Scala
- Bachelor’s in CS, Math or related major
- Solid SQL
- Familiar with Linux.
- Stream processing: Experience Kafka, Spark streaming
- Good communication skills and ability to work with various stakeholders
- Experience with agile practices such as Scrum, XP, TDD
- MS degree in Computer Science
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- 15 days PTO + 15 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Catered Lunch
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.