Principal, Data Scientist (Experiment Platform)
Mountain View, United States
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
What You Will Do
The experimentation platform team at Coupang is looking for a Principal Data Scientist with a solid background in experimentation methodologies. You will work closely with a team of data scientists, business analysts and engineers to ensure quality experiments, develop key metrics and analyze data from controlled experiments to provide proper interpretation of results.
▪ 5+ years of experience in analyzing large data sets to drive significant business decisions
▪ Strong statistical background, especially in experimentation and modeling
▪ Proficiency in a statistics tool like R and Big Data tools (Hive, Spark, Presto)
▪ Exceptional presentation skills and ability to communicate methodologies, results clearly and concisely to company's top executives
▪ Lead strategic analyses to understand customer behavior and develop business success metrics
▪ Strong interpersonal skills to work with cross-functional teams
▪ Ability to drive research projects
▪ Experience with experimentation methodologies - post-stratification, quasi-experimental research designs, sequential testing
▪ Experience with Bayesian techniques, Multi-armed bandit algorithm
▪ PhD degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Econometrics, or related field
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com