Senior Motion Designer
Mountain View, United States
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As a Motion Designer on our Design System and Brand Experiences team, your main focus will be to bring our products and brand to life through animations, prototypes, and videos. You possess strong conceptual design skills as well as the ability to tell compelling and engaging stories through motion. While you spend most of your time working in motion, your passion for design drives you to create polished final products from a rough initial direction.
- Produce high quality visuals and motion artifacts, from concept to execution.
- Apply iconography, typography, color, layout, and motion principles to enhance the overall user experience.
- Define Motion language for new and existing Coupang products.
- Work alongside other BX and Product Designers to refine the design language to create coherent and delightful product experiences.
- Collaborate with Design, Product, and Engineering to incorporate animations and prototypes into production.
- Create awareness of the design landscape with respect to current and future trends.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Motion Design, Interaction Design, Multimedia, Communication Design, Film, Video, Animations or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience working as a Motion Designer, UX Designer, Interaction Designer, Animator, or related discipline.
- An outstanding portfolio that demonstrates Visual and Motion experience applied to UI.
- Expert knowledge in motion graphic software like After Effects and Final Cut Pro.
- Have an eye for detailed design and can execute against a variety of aesthetics and visual styles.
- Experience working directly with Engineering to implement motion into product.
- Someone who can work autonomously to manage projects in a fast-paced environment and remain focused amidst frequently changing requirements.
- Strong communicator, who can creatively and effectively communicate ideas
- Solid understanding of user experience design principles and interaction patterns.
- Portfolio of crafted motion design strategy like style guides, motion design guidelines, and framework.
- Experience in 3D applications like Cinema 4D, Z-Brush, Maya, 3D Studio Max or equivalent.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Ability to read, write and speak Korean and English is a plus, but not required.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.