Senior Principal Machine Learning Engineer (Growth Marketing)
Mountain View, United States
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
In Growth Engineering, our goal is to increase the number of transacting Customers while growing their frequency and lifetime value. We build core platforms and services that power Coupang’s growth. Various platforms under our portfolio include Search Advertising Platform, Affiliate Platform, Display targeting & re-targeting Platform, CRM, Audience Platform, Push Marketing Platform, and other core marketing services for landing, tracking & attribution. We leverage big data, NoSQL, analytics, real-time processing and Machine Learning to build mission-critical and highly scalable services that are reliable 24/7.
As our Sr. Principal Machine Learning Engineer for Growth Engineering, you will play a strategic role in supporting innovation and be responsible for making our platforms & services data driven and intelligent leveraging data science. You will standardize the ML Platform that will be leveraged across Growth Engineering and collaborate with various teams to build and deploy statistical and optimization models that will directly help grow customers, increase wallet share and improve ROAS. Opportunities to leverage Data Science and Machine Learning to make a strong business and financial impact include customer look-alike models, product feed optimization, promotion recommendation, app push personalization, keyword bidding, product & category recommendations, etc. This is an exceptional opportunity to drive Coupang’s growth and create a world where our customers ask, ‘How did I ever live without Coupang?’
- Lead and execute all Data Science and Machine Learning Initiatives for the organization
- Engage with senior leadership, product owner(s) and engineering mangers in developing and executing data science strategy and roadmap
- Play an active role in contributing to company's growth strategy, and identify opportunities to leverage data and insights helping Coupang’s growth and customer loyalty
- Collaborate with software engineers and data engineers to implement, verify and deploy models to deliver direct business and financial impact
- Communicate clearly and concisely with the team members, peers and leadership team
- Over time, assist with hiring and mentoring data scientists and ML engineers in the team
- PhD in Machine Learning, Statistics, Applied Math or a quantitative field
- 10+ years of hand-on technical experience in data science working with large data sets to drive significant business/financial impact, preferably in e-commerce
- Experience building and productionizing innovative scalable end-to-end machine learning systems
- Strong background in statistical modeling and optimization techniques
- Proficiency in a statistics tool like R and Big Data tools (Hive, Spark, Presto)
- Strong fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Exceptional presentation skills and ability to communicate methodologies, results clearly and concisely to company's top executives
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with cross-functional and globally distributed teams
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. High on bias for action
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.