Senior Product Designer (Search & Discovery)
Mountain View, United States
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
The Search & Discovery team in Mountain View focuses on product search innovation to better serve search quality and enhance the user experience. As a Senior Product Designer, you will define how a customer experiences the most advanced shopping experience solutions in existence for the largest online retailer in South Korea. You work as part of a cross-disciplinary team including product owners & engineers in identifying the right problems to tackle for our customers. Our UX team includes UX researchers, content strategists, and brand designers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity.
What You Will Do
As a Senior Product Designer at Coupang, you are expected to own the entire design from strategy to final execution. A strong ability to turn complex problems into simple, elegant UX solutions is key to success at Coupang. You are also expected to make data-informed decisions to drive business impact and think systematically to consider all aspects of user experience. Above all, your design should be supported by your clear rational and logic.
- BA in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, HCI, Computer Science, Psychology or equivalent degree/experience
- Experience with modern ecommerce and mobile applications design is required
- A portfolio demonstrating your work of typography, interaction design, visual design or user research for web and mobile applications
- Ability to skillfully use design tools such as Sketch, Zeppelin, or Adobe Suite
- 5+ years of experience in product design
- Ability to produce Mock-ups, wireframes, prototypes, design guides, presentations, and even an entire process and framework
- Experience closely collaborating with a Product Owner in building an overall strategy of a project and basis of the deliverable
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a rapid growth environment
- Experience with production from scratch to finish by utilizing insights earned from UX research
- Ability analyzing data and reflecting it in design
- Knowledge of the e-commerce industry enabling multi-dimensional understanding on its customers, sellers, and businesses
- Commitment at work and leadership
- Ability to communicate in Korean and English
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis-C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, or affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.