Software Development Manager- Search FeaturesMountain View, California Job ID: 2263819
We are looking for people who are passionate about solving complex real-world problems, building world-class solutions, and benefitting millions of lives. At Coupang, developers learn from one another—we share knowledge and spur each other on to come up with great ideas—and move extremely fast to create profound impact together. You will also have the opportunity to tackle large-scale challenges that arise as we grow. This includes building in-house technology, innovating mobile architecture, and advancing possibilities with machine learning and deep learning. With you, we will build a world where our customers ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
We are looking for Sr. Manager for Coupang Search Features team. A successful candidate will have an established background in Search, managing an engineering team. You will hire and lead Search Features team in Mountain View.
As a Sr. Manager of Search Features team, you will be responsible for:
- Owning Autocomplete, Guided Search, Related Keywords, Search Home, and other Search Recommendations on Search Result Page.
- Setting the vision and direction for the Search Features team
- Partnering with Product Owner, Product Engineering team, and other stakeholder across company to lead team to make impact
- Define and improve key metrics
- Establish best practice to improve Search experience and promote it across whole organization
- Recruit and coach individual contributors, develop search product engineering talents, maintain a world class engineering team
- Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments
- Refine experiment launch review process to increase the throughput of experiments and ensure the quality of experiments by insisting highest standard
- Guard Search experience and promote understanding of search experience across the company
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply knowledge of product engineering, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- At least 3 years' experience managing product engineering teams with track records of successful delivery
- At least 5 years of experience building Search or Recommendation system
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Master or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc
- A track record of communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders
- Experience to apply machine learning on ranking
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Senior Software Engineer
- Software Engineering Manager
- Technical Program Manager
- Product Manager (Product Owner)
- Tech Recruiter
Benefits and Rewards
Our mission is global
Coupang is a global business with offices in Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, Silicon Valley, Seattle and Los Angeles.
Our Korea office is located in downtown Seoul near Lotte World Hotel and Lotte World Mall.
Our office in Shanghai is conveniently situated near to restaurants and gyms, as well as to the Evergreen Hotel and the Chamtime Square Shopping Mall.
Our Beijing office is located in One Indigo, a Grade A-listed office tower. From our space on the 12th floor, you can take in expansive views of Indigo Park, the Ba River and the Beijing skyline. We are conveniently situated a few steps away from the Indigo Shopping Mall, and parking is easily available.
Mountain View, United States
Our Mountain View office is located in the Silicon Valley area across from the NASA Ames Research and Visitor Center.
Seattle, United States
Our Seattle office can be found in the heart of downtown Seattle near restaurants and tourist attractions such as the Pike Place Market.
Los Angeles, United States
Our office in Los Angeles is located in the Riverside area right next to the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park.