Staff ML Engineer (Ads Quality)Mountain View, California Job ID: 3293702
We are looking for people who are passionate about solving complex real-world problems, building world-class solutions, and benefitting millions of lives. At Coupang, developers learn from one another—we share knowledge and spur each other on to come up with great ideas—and move extremely fast to create profound impact together. You will also have the opportunity to tackle large-scale challenges that arise as we grow. This includes building in-house technology, innovating mobile architecture, and advancing possibilities with machine learning and deep learning. With you, we will build a world where our customers ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
As our Staff Machine Learning Engineer for Coupang Media Group, Ads Quality, you will be responsible for developing, designing machine learning models, optimization algorithms and new product features for our advertising platform.
The Coupang Media Group (CMG) is responsible for providing vendors that sell their products on Coupang a host of marketing products and services. We launched Product Ads performance advertising marketplace late in 2018. We have grown rapidly to over 10,000 active advertisers and 150M daily ad impressions in only 5 months’ time. Our group is responsible for advertising brands and products inside our e-commerce website. To get an idea of how valuable that is, both Alibaba and Amazon make more money on advertising than on selling products.
This is an opportunity to be part of building up a new development organization with strong revenue potential inside a successful company. We’re building full-stack engineering teams to handle large scale advertising problems, including real-time behavioral targeting, auctioning and bidding systems and search based advertising.
We are in the growth phase of the organization, so you’ll be a part of managing the transition from growth phase to enterprise processes.
In this role you will be responsible for innovating and building our new ad quality stack for our ads platform and eventually extend it into a full ad exchange, DSP, and SSP. We currently handle about 1bn impressions per day from internal traffic alone.
What You Will do
- Design features and build large-scale machine learning models and systems to improve ad targeting, relevance, ranking, and engagement
- Develop new techniques for automated mechanism, e.g. automated bidding, query expansion etc. for improving advertising platform efficiency.
- Develop new techniques for providing suggestions for advertisers to identify opportunity in the marketplace and improve their return on investments.
- Architect our machine learning platform at at internet scale
- Effectively lead projects across teams and mentor the junior developers
- Work with product and sales teams to design and implement new ad product features
- 5+ years of industry software engineering experience in machine learning, statistics, information retrieval
- Deep knowledge in machine learning, deep learning, and statistical modeling
- Excellent communicator, both to technical and business audiences
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self -starter and innovator who likes to solve complex problems
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in business and technology
- Ability to work in multi-cultural, cross functional team
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, science or equivalent
- Experience with advertising systems/Search advertising/Advertising Marketplace
- Experience working with AWS (Amazon web services)
- Experience working in startups
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Senior Software Engineer
- Software Engineering Manager
- Technical Program Manager
- Product Manager (Product Owner)
- Tech Recruiter
Benefits and Rewards
Our mission is global
Coupang is a global business with offices in Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, Silicon Valley, Seattle and Los Angeles.
Our Korea office is located in downtown Seoul near Lotte World Hotel and Lotte World Mall.
Our office in Shanghai is conveniently situated near to restaurants and gyms, as well as to the Evergreen Hotel and the Chamtime Square Shopping Mall.
Our Beijing office is located in One Indigo, a Grade A-listed office tower. From our space on the 12th floor, you can take in expansive views of Indigo Park, the Ba River and the Beijing skyline. We are conveniently situated a few steps away from the Indigo Shopping Mall, and parking is easily available.
Mountain View, United States
Our Mountain View office is located in the Silicon Valley area across from the NASA Ames Research and Visitor Center.
Seattle, United States
Our Seattle office can be found in the heart of downtown Seattle near restaurants and tourist attractions such as the Pike Place Market.
Los Angeles, United States
Our office in Los Angeles is located in the Riverside area right next to the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park.
- Senior Recruiter (Ecommerce Recruiting) HR Seoul
- Pricing Operation Associate (Price Sharpness Inspection) E-Commerce Operations Seoul
- EE, Q4, KR, DH, L6 Program Management, #1 [L6] Business Planning Seoul