Payroll and Equity Manager
Riverside, United States
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
Coupang is looking for an ambitious and diligent payroll professional to join our team to lead our Payroll and Equity Administration functions. This role requires familiarity with these areas combined with an Accounting aptitude.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of Payroll operations policies to ensure Coupang is in compliance with all state and federal regulation
- Review and distribute various payroll reports to support financial projections, audits, HR reviews and compliance
- Manage the daily administration of our stock plan for US employees including eligibility, approvals, processing stock option and restricted stock unit awards, exercises and settlements, tax withholdings, expirations, cancelations, repurchases, terminations and other plan-related actions
- Prepare monthly and annual reconciliation of all payroll and equity information while maintaining SOX compliance
- Conduct training for all employees, supervisors and managers on processes related to the payroll system
- Partner with HR, finance, and legal teams to develop processes which ensure the accuracy of all payroll and equity data including all aspects of record-keeping, withholding, reporting, reconciliation, and auditing
- Expert knowledge of multi-state payroll, payroll tax rules and regulations in the US
- Working knowledge of Equity Plans
- Minimum of 5 years related experience
- Strong Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups)
- Bachelor’s in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Experience using Workday applications
- Parental Leave policy administration
- Payroll Administration for Warehouse employee population
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.