FC Department Operations Manager
Riverside, United States
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As our FC Department Manager for our Riverside Fulfillment Center, you will provide leadership and direction in a high volume outbound, B2C small parcel environment, supervise and coordinate operational activities of workers concerned within one or multiple of the following areas; receiving, replenishment, picking, packing, and/or shipping as it relates to preparing it for same day shipping internationally via expedited carrier services. Maintain a safe, effective and orderly work environment, scheduling, continuous process improvement and maintaining positive vendor relationships.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate departmental activities to fulfill sales orders, meet inventory requirements, and deliver manufactured products in a timely fashion
- Issue written and oral instructions
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of workers
- Maintain harmony among workers and resolve grievances
- Confer with other managers in the distribution center to ensure coordination of other warehouse activities
- Confer with other managers outside of the distribution center to ensure coordination of other functions such as production, inventory management and quality assurance
- Maintain a safe and organized work environment
- Responsible for working with Customer Service to assist in resolving issues related to order fulfillment
- Document and maintain all warehouse procedures as they relate to a picking/packing/shipping environment
- Responsible for improving and maintaining inventory accuracy
- Responsible for evaluating and planning labor for upcoming warehouse needs
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating
- Plans, directs and coordinates all activities of the warehouse department in an organized, safe and sanitary work environment that is in compliance with the Company’s policies, OSHA and government regulations
- Monitors and manages all aspects of employee performance to include administering write-ups/counseling
- Contains and/or reduces cost and drives productivity within the department
- Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change agent with all departments within the Company
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Hours: Night Shift, Four Day work Schedule (days of the week TBD) Need Flexibility
- One who has completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 3-5 years Department Manager experience
- One with direct management experience with contingent and company employees within same department
- One with experience with performance metrics, process improvement, and Lean techniques (how, when, who)
- One must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts
- One with a Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain, Operations or related field preferred
- One with experience in a fast paced ecommerce facility using contingent workforce
- One with 5+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.