Principal Software Engineer (Ad Tech)San Francisco, California Job ID: 3272749
We are looking for people who are passionate about solving complex real-world problems, building world-class solutions, and benefitting millions of lives. At Coupang, developers learn from one another—we share knowledge and spur each other on to come up with great ideas—and move extremely fast to create profound impact together. You will also have the opportunity to tackle large-scale challenges that arise as we grow. This includes building in-house technology, innovating mobile architecture, and advancing possibilities with machine learning and deep learning. With you, we will build a world where our customers ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
Ads Infrastructure supports and operates a generic Ads platform on providing the most valuable advertising solutions to Coupang Customers from backend to frontend. In detail, Ads Infrastructure includes the following teams/components:
- Ads Gateway
- Ads Ranking Infrastructure
- Ads Budgeting
- Ads Measurement
- Ads Creative & Integrity
We are looking for passionate hard-core backend software engineers to build large scale systems, infrastructure to power our new ads products. This includes working on a greenfield project and building low latency and highly available services, scaling systems, building APIs for programmatic integrations. You will identify and solve hard problems to improve the system scalability, enhance the reliability, as well as optimize the resource efficiency. Work on challenging large-scale problem like full text search, personalized recommendation and etc.
Let's create a world in which customers ask, how did I ever live without Coupang together!
What You Will Do:
- Design and build the backend Ads Serving API and service for new Ads Products.
- Design and build the next generation of Ads Recommendation Engine.
- Design, build and improve common Ads services including Ads Serving Engine, Ads API Gateway, Ads Realtime Traits Store, Event Service, Audience and targeting platform and etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or electrical/electronic engineering, mathematics or equivalent
- 10+ years of solid work with fundamental algorithms, system design, and large distributed systems
- 8+ years of coding experience in one of the following: with: C++, Java, Scala
- 2+ years’ experience with ads or search related products, such as RTB, ranking, search relevance, bidding, newsfeed, home feed, and etc.
- Self-starter and innovator who likes to solve complex problems
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non- technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in multi-cultural, cross functional team
- Experience building highly scalable systems in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Experience with handling large data volumes in a distributed environment – ideally with both backend data processing and web tier data management
- Ability and desire to drive solid design work on multi-threaded/multi-process, distributed system
- A passion to explore, improve, automate and optimize distributed systems and tools
- Ability to think outside-the-box and challenge conventional wisdoms
- Experience with advertising systems/Search advertising/Advertising Marketplace/Display advertising/Ad Server
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
- Experience working with AWS (Amazon web services)
- Experience working in startups
- Experience with Search Indexing, Elasticsearch
- Experience with Spark/Hbase/Hive/Kafka
Coupang is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis-C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, or affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Senior Software Engineer
- Software Engineering Manager
- Technical Program Manager
- Product Manager (Product Owner)
- Tech Recruiter
Benefits and Rewards
Our mission is global
Coupang is a global business with offices in Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, Silicon Valley, Seattle and Los Angeles.
Our Korea office is located in downtown Seoul near Lotte World Hotel and Lotte World Mall.
Our office in Shanghai is conveniently situated near to restaurants and gyms, as well as to the Evergreen Hotel and the Chamtime Square Shopping Mall.
Our Beijing office is located in One Indigo, a Grade A-listed office tower. From our space on the 12th floor, you can take in expansive views of Indigo Park, the Ba River and the Beijing skyline. We are conveniently situated a few steps away from the Indigo Shopping Mall, and parking is easily available.
Mountain View, United States
Our Mountain View office is located in the Silicon Valley area across from the NASA Ames Research and Visitor Center.
Seattle, United States
Our Seattle office can be found in the heart of downtown Seattle near restaurants and tourist attractions such as the Pike Place Market.
Los Angeles, United States
Our office in Los Angeles is located in the Riverside area right next to the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park.
- Senior Recruiter (Ecommerce Recruiting) HR Seoul
- Pricing Operation Associate (Price Sharpness Inspection) E-Commerce Operations Seoul
- EE, Q4, KR, DH, L6 Program Management, #1 [L6] Business Planning Seoul