Data Engineer (Web Logging Platform)
Seattle, United States
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As part of the Coupang Data Platform organization, Web Logging Platform team is responsible for collecting & providing all client-side event logs from Coupang web sites, mobile apps & other supporting systems. Using Coupang’s big data infrastructure on AWS, we collect, load, process the logs for downstream users to analyze user behavior of their systems. WLP also provides various tools & services for the users to use the log data more productively and to have confidence with quality of the data.
As a back-end engineer, you will be responsible on building our collection pipeline and back-end of the various tools for log data users. You will
- Build & manage log collection pipeline, from data loader application & data processing batch jobs.
- Solve complex issues on our services and tools for log data reliability & quality
- 1+ years of experience in development of data-driven applications using Spark & Scala (or Java)
- Ability to use tools for continuous integration & deployment workflows (e.g. Git, Jenkins, Gradle, …etc).
- Ability to build Python scripts for scheduling, monitoring & management
- Ability to understand & write simple analytic queries using HQL or similar SQL-dialects
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience.
- Experience in development of click-stream / client-side log data collection & analysis tool
- Experience of using complex workflow scheduler & orchestration tools (e.g. Airflow, Apache NiFi)
- Experience of using large-scale distributed infrastructures (e.g. Redis, Kafka, Elasticsearch, …etc)
- Experience in development of Java (or Kotlin) application with Spring framework
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.