Director, Catalog Data Science (Catalog)
Seattle, United States
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Coupang’s catalog data science team is responsible for ensuring that our customers have the opportunity to choose from a large selection of items at the highest quality. The team applies a variety of data science techniques in the entire selection funnel to ensure that our customer experience is perfect.
We are looking for a hands-on leader for this team of talented data scientists and engineers. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience using machine learning, deep learning and NLP to build creative solutions to improve customer experience and deliver business value. and will also own the vision, roadmap and building solutions for various areas of eCommerce like catalog, marketplace systems and fraud.
- Lead the Catalog data science team in a hands-on capacity to deliver solutions that enhance customer experience
- Apply your experience in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, NLP and related fields to solve problems in various areas of eCommerce
- Ensure business value is delivered by prioritizing well, and building metrics and dashboards to assess the performance of our solutions
- Influence the product and technology direction of Coupang
- Partner with engineering, product and business teams to identify opportunities to improve customer experience
- Own strategy and vision for the team
- Master’s in computer science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent
- 8+ years of hands on experience working in data science
- 3+ years of experience managing Data Scientists and Engineers
- Experience hiring and leading experienced scientists as well as a successful record of developing junior members to a successful career track
- Experience working in cross-functional projects as a Manager
- Experience researching for opportunities, initiating and driving projects independently
- Experience in successfully deploying algorithms and models to production systems with positive business impact.
- Proven track record of driving strategy, vision and delivering results
- PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, AI or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience working in data science
- 5+ years of experience managing data scientists
- 3+ year of experience in one or more of the following: Machine Learning, Deep learning, NLP, Image processing and OCR
- Ability to manage and quantify improvement in customer experience or value for the business resulting from research outcomes
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.