Frontend EngineerSeattle, Washington Job ID: 2075995
We are looking for people who are passionate about solving complex real-world problems, building world-class solutions, and benefitting millions of lives. At Coupang, developers learn from one another—we share knowledge and spur each other on to come up with great ideas—and move extremely fast to create profound impact together. You will also have the opportunity to tackle large-scale challenges that arise as we grow. This includes building in-house technology, innovating mobile architecture, and advancing possibilities with machine learning and deep learning. With you, we will build a world where our customers ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Coupang is investing in building a world-class Advertising business where we run relevant ads on key placements across our website and Mobile App. We are building the next generation of products and services that will fuel the future growth of Coupang’s ad solutions, by providing self-service advertising capabilities to our Sellers and Suppliers.
As our Senior Frontend Engineer in Coupang Advertising platform, you will be responsible for designing and developing business automation platforms that are highly valuable for our customers. This includes working on projects and building low latency and highly available services, scaling systems, building APIs for programmatic integrations. Also you will be responsible for incorporating highly interactive dashboards for business insights.
Are you passionate in building low latency and highly scalable distributed services? Do you want to be part of huge opportunity in building world-class Coupang Advertising business? We are looking for leaders to build these Services.
- Collaborate with product owners and stakeholders to design, implement, enhance, and maintain Coupang Reporting dashboards.
- Collaborate with data scientists to develop scalable platform for analytic reporting
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives
- Design and implement highly interactive and modular user interfaces that have low TTI and latencies.
- Communicate and co-work with business teams to resolve issues and find a best solution to achieve business goal
- Communicate and co-work with engineers in Seoul office to address issues and to find solutions, ideas to provide better user experience as well coordinate services on the backend side
- Monitor production web applications: build monitoring dashboards with meaningful metrics
- 4+ years of web development experience .
- 1+ years experience with responsive design concepts/practices
- 1+ years experience with building server side application
- Strong understanding with RESTful JSON API design and integration
- Experience with agile software development methodology and continuous delivery models
- Experience with Design Patterns, Test Driven Development (TDD) and performance engineering
- Experience with UX design
- Experience with team building and mentoring
- Experience and fluency in MVC frameworks
- Experience with architecting and coding for cloud-based applications (e.g., AWS, Azure etc.)
- Experience with RDBMS such as Postgresql or Mysql
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- 18 days PTO + 12 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Catered lunches
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Senior Software Engineer
- Software Engineering Manager
- Technical Program Manager
- Product Manager (Product Owner)
- Tech Recruiter
QA Mock System
The biggest challenge and goal for Quality Assurance (QA) testers is to conduct a final test for a product thoroughly to enable a smooth release of the product in terms of both quality and quantity. Then, what type of test is employed? There are various types of testing; functional test, interface test, performance test, and etc. For any test, what is most critical is data. Without sufficient test data, it is unlikely to ensure high coverage and quality of the product. QA testers are all well aware of this. Then, how can QA testers enrich, create and manage test data efficiently?
Evolving the Coupang Data Platform
Coupang is revolutionizing e-Commerce market of South Korea with last-mile delivery and rethinking discovery of products on mobile first platform. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask, “How did I ever live without Coupang?”
Being a data driven company, we rely heavily on data decisions right from customer journey to the best algorithm to optimize space in a fulfillment center. We use data to find bottlenecks at each step of the process and move faster as a company. To keep up with the constant demand for excellence in scale, availability, latency, concurrency, and fast data growth, we must constantly evolve our Data Platform.
Benefits and Rewards
Our mission is global
Coupang is a global business with offices in Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, Silicon Valley, Seattle and Los Angeles.
Our Korea office is located in downtown Seoul near Lotte World Hotel and Lotte World Mall.
Our office in Shanghai is conveniently situated near to restaurants and gyms, as well as to the Evergreen Hotel and the Chamtime Square Shopping Mall.
Our Beijing office is located in One Indigo, a Grade A-listed office tower. From our space on the 12th floor, you can take in expansive views of Indigo Park, the Ba River and the Beijing skyline. We are conveniently situated a few steps away from the Indigo Shopping Mall, and parking is easily available.
Mountain View, United States
Our Mountain View office is located in the Silicon Valley area across from the NASA Ames Research and Visitor Center.
Seattle, United States
Our Seattle office can be found in the heart of downtown Seattle near restaurants and tourist attractions such as the Pike Place Market.
Los Angeles, United States
Our office in Los Angeles is located in the Riverside area right next to the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park.
- Principal Product Manager (Ads Platform) Product Management Seattle
- Principal Product Manager (Ad Serving) Product Management Seattle
- Principal, Data Engineer (Pricing Competitor Intelligence) Data Engineering Seoul