Principal, Application Security Architect
Seattle, United States
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
- The Security Architect/Engineer at Coupang is responsible for designing and implementing security solutions for both Coupang’s internal IT environment and its e-commerce platform.
- The ideal candidate should possess a combination of strong technical knowledge across multiple information security domains and a solid development background.
- The candidate will partner with engineering teams across the company to design, develop, and implement security solutions to identify and close security gaps for AWS cloud and on-premise data center environments.
- The candidate will be an advocate and practitioner of DevSecOps implementing tools driven and highly automated approach to bake security into developer's workflow. The candidate will serve as trusted advisor to engineering teams delivering architecture guidance, leading proof of concept evaluations, and assisting in large-scale implementations.
- This is a unique, exciting opportunity to work on and learn about the latest and greatest technologies in the cloud, security, and DevSecOps.
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise in infrastructure, application & data security to engineering teams across the company
- Apply risk-based thinking enabling teams to make the right security decisions and priorities
- Identify gaps in existing security architecture and design and recommend changes or enhancements
- Develop and promote the adoption of security patterns and practices of using AWS and other internal and third-party services
- Build tools and automation that enable Coupang developers to easily consume security services delivered by the security team
- Partner with platform and engineering teams to integrate security controls into continuous integration, delivery and deployment processes
- Build strong relationships with Coupang's technical teams and cultivate a culture of security awareness and ownership
- Provide hands on security training and secure coding best practices to developers
- Strong foundation and in-depth technical knowledge in security engineering, computer and network security, authentication and security protocols, and applied cryptography
- Understanding of Software Security Architecture and Design, SDLC and the ability to clearly articulate best practices for application security
- Hands on experience in Threat Modeling, SAST, DAST, and Web application security including OWASP 10 and SANS 25
- Experience with public cloud environments and technologies, including Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other
- Experience in DevOps environments and automating security controls into the CI/CD process
- Experience with Jenkins or other CI tools and knowledge of technologies like containers and microservices
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- 18 days PTO + 12 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Catered lunches
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.