Principal Business Analyst (CMG Product)
Seattle, United States
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
The Coupang Media Group (CMG) is the advertising platform team within Coupang. We are a globally distributed team focused on delivering advertising solutions for those that sell products on our platform. This includes display, search, performance, branding and video ads offerings.
As our Sr. Business Analyst at CMG, you will be responsible for business reporting and insights to make our advertiser and shopper experience world-class.
- Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format
- Partner with product, engineering, and sales to create key performance indicators and new methodologies for measurement
- Translate data into actionable insights
- Identify areas of opportunity to automate and scale ad-hoc analyses
- Develop think big ideas to drive customer insights, engagement acquisition and retention
- Participate in strategic and tactical planning discussions.
- The candidate must possess strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent quantitative analysis and modeling skills required; strong presentation and communication skills; highly organized and detail oriented; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, science or equivalent
- Statistical modeling experience required
- 5-7 years of experience as analyst in complex, multi-group organization.
- Excellent skills in SQL. Other analytic skills/toolsets: Python, R data visualization (e.g. Qlikview, Tableau, etc.), Hive, Presto, Airflow
- Previous experience in Advertising, Inventory Management or Business Management preferred.
- MBA preferred
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.