Senior Data Engineer
Seattle, United States
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As a Senior Data Engineer for our data platform team, you will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of the data infrastructure that elevates data-driven decision-making for the data platform, including not limited to new business initiatives, cost modeling and pricing.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, NoSql and cloud ‘big data’ technologies
- Architect, Design and develop modern Enterprise Data Warehouse/Data Lake platform and products
- Software Engineering mindset, ability to build highly scalable and fault tolerant data pipeline applications to transform petabyte scale of data volumes
- Drive system architecture discussion and decision across organization
- Build data pipeline using modern distributed processing technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce/EMR, Spark and Cloud technologies to support Coupang.com’s big data requirements in support of its online e-commerce system
- Foster, mentor, and enforce industry best practices in data architecture design, design patterns and coding standard
- Drive and Participate in key technical and Architectural system design discussions with technical leads in the team as a hands-on manager
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, or related technical field
- Experienced in architecting, designing, building and maintaining highly scalable data warehouses products and platforms
- 5+ years of experience in building software and solutions
- Experience in distributed processing using Hadoop (MapReduce or Hive), EMR, Spark, or other big data frameworks
- Experience on Big data/MPP Databases such as Teradata, Redshift, Netezza, Vertica, or Greenplum
- Experience with workflow management engines such as Airflow, Glue, Jenkins or similar workflow schedulers
- Experience in cloud computing such as AWS, Azure, G-suit, or similar platforms
- Experience in Stream-processing systems: Kafka, Storm, Spark-Streaming or equivalent is a plus
- Experience with data quality validation and anomaly/outlier detection
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.