Senior Instock Manager
Seattle, United States
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
About the role:
We are looking for a talented, smart, and enthusiastic Instock Manager with a strong customer focus to manage inventory and replenishment for Coupang’s Global Consumer Direct business. Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment that’s more startup than big company. The Instock Manager will drive analysis and optimization of inventory management systems and processes to ensure we achieve world class inventory availability and inventory health. Additionally, the Instock Manager will drive initiatives that improve sales, customer experience, and operational performance. The ISM will work closely with our Brand Managers, Marketing, Tech Teams and our vendors to improve customer experience.
- Manage the improvement in inventory availability, increasing inventory efficiency and ensuring that the company makes efficient supply chain decisions including improvement to inventory management processes over time
- Develop and manage inventory forecasts by working with Brand Managers to plan product launches, peak season, and industry shifts.
- Drive root cause analysis/reporting on operational issues, develop action plans and project manage improvements with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Manage the relationship with key vendors that drive the business and optimize the end to end process.
- Perform root-cause analysis/reporting on operational issues, and then manage the solution to those issues.
- Manage inventory health by setting and executing exit strategies for unproductive inventory.
- Own & drive the roadmap for Instock management metrics
- Familiarity with the principles of statistical inventory control
This candidate should have previous experience in supply chain/operations/inventory management as well as a background in retail or e-commerce. They must be able to work in a fast scaling but collegial environment where teamwork is a must. The right candidate will be flexible, action and results oriented, and self-starting. They must also be decisive and able to move with speed to implement their own ideas.
- 3+ years of experience in inventory management, vendor management, purchasing, forecasting, and/or demand planning
- Professional experience in negotiating with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficiency with Excel and extracting data through varied reporting tools in order to drive and influence business decisions
- Extreme attention to detail and willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Ability to prioritize work in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with ambiguous problems
- Bachelor's degree majored in supply chain, operations, business, finance, analytical or related majors
- Bilingual in Korean
- Strong proficiency in analytical tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL and statistical software
- MBA or MS in: Supply Chain or Operations Mgmt
- Proven experience leading cross-functional projects
- Strong communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
- A willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done
- Management experience
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.