Senior Principal Software Engineer (Coupang Media Group)Seattle, Washington Job ID: 1804863
We are looking for people who are passionate about solving complex real-world problems, building world-class solutions, and benefitting millions of lives. At Coupang, developers learn from one another—we share knowledge and spur each other on to come up with great ideas—and move extremely fast to create profound impact together. You will also have the opportunity to tackle large-scale challenges that arise as we grow. This includes building in-house technology, innovating mobile architecture, and advancing possibilities with machine learning and deep learning. With you, we will build a world where our customers ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As our Sr. Principal Engineer/Architect for Coupang Media Group, you will be responsible for developing, designing the new features for our advertising platform.
The Coupang Media Group (CMG) is responsible for providing vendors that sell their products on Coupang a host of marketing products and services. We launched Product Ads which is a bidded performance advertising marketplace late in 2018. We have grown rapidly to over 10,000 active advertisers and 150M daily ad impressions in only 5 months’ time. Our group is responsible for advertising brands and products inside our ecommerce website. To get an idea of how valuable that is, both Alibaba and Amazon make more money on advertising than on selling products.
This is an opportunity to be part of building up a new development organization with strong revenue potential inside a successful company. We’re building full-stack engineering teams to handle large scale advertising problems, including real-time behavioral targeting, auctioning and bidding systems and search based advertising.
We are in the growth phase of the organization, so you’ll be a part of managing the transition from growth phase to enterprise processes.
In this role you will be responsible for architecting and building our new ad engine and eventually extend it into a full ad exchange, DSP, and SSP. We currently handle about 1bn impressions per day from internal traffic alone.
Key technologies you will work with are Java, node.js, express.js, react.js, Postgres, AWS.
- Developing, architecting and driving the systems for Coupang Media Group
- Implement full stack, high scale production systems with fault-tolerance and monitoring systems
- Building durable code, and architecture with the ability to scale with very large data volumes
- Build and implement design frame work and self-service design
- Effectively lead and mentor the junior developers
- Communicate clearly and concisely with the team members, peers and leadership team
- 10+ years of experience building web -based products
- Strong architectural skills with highly scalable web technologies and data stores
- Excellent communicator, both to technical and business audiences
- Experience with JS-based technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong skills in data structures, algorithms and object-oriented design
- Self -starter and innovator who likes to solve complex problems
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in business and technology
- Ability to work in multi-cultural, cross functional team
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, science or equivalent
- Experience with advertising systems/Search advertising/Advertising Marketplace
- Experience with high-scale systems
- Understanding of performance tradeoffs, load balancing and operational issues
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
- Experience working with AWS (Amazon web services)
- Experience working in startups
- Experience with Machine Learning, Elasticsearch
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Senior Software Engineer
- Software Engineering Manager
- Technical Program Manager
- Product Manager (Product Owner)
- Tech Recruiter
QA Mock System
The biggest challenge and goal for Quality Assurance (QA) testers is to conduct a final test for a product thoroughly to enable a smooth release of the product in terms of both quality and quantity. Then, what type of test is employed? There are various types of testing; functional test, interface test, performance test, and etc. For any test, what is most critical is data. Without sufficient test data, it is unlikely to ensure high coverage and quality of the product. QA testers are all well aware of this. Then, how can QA testers enrich, create and manage test data efficiently?
Evolving the Coupang Data Platform
Coupang is revolutionizing e-Commerce market of South Korea with last-mile delivery and rethinking discovery of products on mobile first platform. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask, “How did I ever live without Coupang?”
Being a data driven company, we rely heavily on data decisions right from customer journey to the best algorithm to optimize space in a fulfillment center. We use data to find bottlenecks at each step of the process and move faster as a company. To keep up with the constant demand for excellence in scale, availability, latency, concurrency, and fast data growth, we must constantly evolve our Data Platform.
Benefits and Rewards
Our mission is global
Coupang is a global business with offices in Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, Silicon Valley, Seattle and Los Angeles.
Our Korea office is located in downtown Seoul near Lotte World Hotel and Lotte World Mall.
Our office in Shanghai is conveniently situated near to restaurants and gyms, as well as to the Evergreen Hotel and the Chamtime Square Shopping Mall.
Our Beijing office is located in One Indigo, a Grade A-listed office tower. From our space on the 12th floor, you can take in expansive views of Indigo Park, the Ba River and the Beijing skyline. We are conveniently situated a few steps away from the Indigo Shopping Mall, and parking is easily available.
Mountain View, United States
Our Mountain View office is located in the Silicon Valley area across from the NASA Ames Research and Visitor Center.
Seattle, United States
Our Seattle office can be found in the heart of downtown Seattle near restaurants and tourist attractions such as the Pike Place Market.
Los Angeles, United States
Our office in Los Angeles is located in the Riverside area right next to the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park.