Senior Software Development Engineer(Global Systems)Seattle, Washington Job ID: 2167848
We are looking for people who are passionate about solving complex real-world problems, building world-class solutions, and benefitting millions of lives. At Coupang, developers learn from one another—we share knowledge and spur each other on to come up with great ideas—and move extremely fast to create profound impact together. You will also have the opportunity to tackle large-scale challenges that arise as we grow. This includes building in-house technology, innovating mobile architecture, and advancing possibilities with machine learning and deep learning. With you, we will build a world where our customers ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
About the Role:
The Retail Systems team is responsible for creating systems that allow our product vendors and third-party sellers to list and manage their products on Coupang. As the backbone of Coupang, our mission is to create highly scalable systems that empower our vendors and third-party sellers to grow and manage their Coupang businesses online and through mobile platforms. Coupang is a global company and our systems must enable global scale. Our Retail Systems team is your opportunity to see if you have what it takes to create a new global retailer. We have big goals at Coupang, and the Retail Systems team is at the center of it all!
You’ll get to work with the best in the industry, with many of our team members coming from Amazon, eBay, PayPal, Facebook and more! You’ll work in a collaborative, dynamic, entrepreneurial and open environment where we consider ourselves a family (Check out our Family Day!). And our agile environment will enable you to rapidly innovate with the most cutting-edge technologies.
- Building highly scalable, available, reliable, fault-tolerant and manageable services
- Working with strategic domains such as inventory management, ordering, logistics and supply chain management
- Understands team software architecture. Can make technical trade-off decisions at system level
- Able to work on any components, applications, or services that team owns
- Able to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Automate and simplify team’s development and operations processes
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field - Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related fields
- 4+ years of experience building distributed systems using Java, SQL
- Good programming practices including solid object-oriented principles and design patterns
- Strong understanding with RESTful JSON API design and integration
- Ability to deep dive into software requirements and to focus on delivering results
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy
- Experience working backwards from the customer and delivering innovative, simple solutions
- One who has been exposed in a dynamic startup or startup like environments preferred
- One who has experience at e-commerce or SaaS companies
- One who has ability to think outside-the-box and challenge conventional wisdoms
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- 18 days PTO + 12 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Flexible working hours
- Catered lunches
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Senior Software Engineer
- Software Engineering Manager
- Technical Program Manager
- Product Manager (Product Owner)
- Tech Recruiter
Benefits and Rewards
Our mission is global
Coupang is a global business with offices in Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, Silicon Valley, Seattle and Los Angeles.
Our Korea office is located in downtown Seoul near Lotte World Hotel and Lotte World Mall.
Our office in Shanghai is conveniently situated near to restaurants and gyms, as well as to the Evergreen Hotel and the Chamtime Square Shopping Mall.
Our Beijing office is located in One Indigo, a Grade A-listed office tower. From our space on the 12th floor, you can take in expansive views of Indigo Park, the Ba River and the Beijing skyline. We are conveniently situated a few steps away from the Indigo Shopping Mall, and parking is easily available.
Mountain View, United States
Our Mountain View office is located in the Silicon Valley area across from the NASA Ames Research and Visitor Center.
Seattle, United States
Our Seattle office can be found in the heart of downtown Seattle near restaurants and tourist attractions such as the Pike Place Market.
Los Angeles, United States
Our office in Los Angeles is located in the Riverside area right next to the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park.