Senior Software Development Engineer in Test /SDET
Seattle, United States
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As a senior software development engineer in test (SDET) for Coupang Media Group/Adtech group, you will be responsible for design and automate functional testing for both backend and front-end services.
Our group is responsible for advertising brands and products inside our ecommerce website. To get an idea of how valuable that is, both Amazon and Alibaba make more money on advertising than on selling products. This is an opportunity to be part of building up a new development organization with strong revenue potential inside a successful company. We’re building full-stack engineering teams to handle large scale advertising problems, including real-time behavioral targeting, auctioning and bidding systems and search based advertising.
We’re looking for strong SDETs that design and execute automated functional testing plans for high-scale distributed systems and help ensure that we get the maximum value for our investments in functional testing.
Key technologies used on the team are node.js, express.js, react.js, Postgres, AWS, Docker, Jenkins.
- Build and execute automated functional test plans both for deployment and monitoring
- Communicate clearly and concisely with team members, justifying test plan choices based on probability, impact, statistics etc
- Build and justify test plans for automated testing based on probability, coverage and impact
- Able to implement efficient functional testing in software and using test tools
- Able to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- 4+ years’ experience designing tests for web-based and server-side products
- Strong understanding of test coverage and test impact.
- Able to design, prioritize and implement functional test plans.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong skills in data structures, algorithms and object-oriented design
- Ability to communicate effectively with users, technical teams, and management
- Ability to work in multi-cultural, cross functional team
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering , mathematics or equivalent
- Experience with advertising systems
- Full-stack engineering experience
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
- Experience working with AWS (Amazon web services)
- Bilingual in Korean and English
- Experience working in startups.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.