Senior Software Engineer (Common Data Services)Seattle, Washington Job ID: 1844028
We are looking for people who are passionate about solving complex real-world problems, building world-class solutions, and benefitting millions of lives. At Coupang, developers learn from one another—we share knowledge and spur each other on to come up with great ideas—and move extremely fast to create profound impact together. You will also have the opportunity to tackle large-scale challenges that arise as we grow. This includes building in-house technology, innovating mobile architecture, and advancing possibilities with machine learning and deep learning. With you, we will build a world where our customers ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As our Senior Software Engineer for Common Data Services team, you will be responsible building solid infrastructure to construct, monitor and manage blaze-fast and consistent data pipelines with ease. The core mission is to provide company-wide trustful and high-quality common data sources. Do you love working with mills-second level streaming pipelines using technologies like Spark and Flink? Do you possess deep expertise in designing and building the Big Data systems of tomorrow? Do you want to be part of an exciting group chartered to implement the next generation Data pipeline platform for Coupang? If you answered yes to the above, then we want to talk to you.
- You will architect and drive the build out of Coupang's common data services platform.
- You will build durable code, with the ability to scale with Terabytes and Petabytes data volumes.
- You are expected to become an expert and know the in-and-outs about one or more distributed solutions.
- Keep improving our platform stability, performance and achieving 99.9% to 99.99% availability with smooth operations.
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of software development/engineering experience
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining large-scale data infrastructures
- Experience in distributed systems, micro services and computing frameworks like Spark, Flink, Storm, etc.
- A fast learner and strong team player; Ability to quickly triage and troubleshoot complex problems
- Strong AWS Cloud Background on both development and operation.
- Strong CI/CD experiences and be able to understand and implement the automatic deployment.
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- 18 days PTO + 12 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Catered lunches
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Senior Software Engineer
- Software Engineering Manager
- Technical Program Manager
- Product Manager (Product Owner)
- Tech Recruiter
Benefits and Rewards
Our mission is global
Coupang is a global business with offices in Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, Silicon Valley, Seattle and Los Angeles.
Our Korea office is located in downtown Seoul near Lotte World Hotel and Lotte World Mall.
Our office in Shanghai is conveniently situated near to restaurants and gyms, as well as to the Evergreen Hotel and the Chamtime Square Shopping Mall.
Our Beijing office is located in One Indigo, a Grade A-listed office tower. From our space on the 12th floor, you can take in expansive views of Indigo Park, the Ba River and the Beijing skyline. We are conveniently situated a few steps away from the Indigo Shopping Mall, and parking is easily available.
Mountain View, United States
Our Mountain View office is located in the Silicon Valley area across from the NASA Ames Research and Visitor Center.
Seattle, United States
Our Seattle office can be found in the heart of downtown Seattle near restaurants and tourist attractions such as the Pike Place Market.
Los Angeles, United States
Our office in Los Angeles is located in the Riverside area right next to the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park.