Senior Software Engineer (Common Data Services)
Seattle, United States
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As our Senior Software Engineer for Common Data Services team, you will be responsible building solid infrastructure to construct, monitor and manage blaze-fast and consistent data pipelines with ease. The core mission is to provide company-wide trustful and high-quality common data sources. Do you love working with mills-second level streaming pipelines using technologies like Spark and Flink? Do you possess deep expertise in designing and building the Big Data systems of tomorrow? Do you want to be part of an exciting group chartered to implement the next generation Data pipeline platform for Coupang? If you answered yes to the above, then we want to talk to you.
- You will architect and drive the build out of Coupang's common data services platform.
- You will build durable code, with the ability to scale with Terabytes and Petabytes data volumes.
- You are expected to become an expert and know the in-and-outs about one or more distributed solutions.
- Keep improving our platform stability, performance and achieving 99.9% to 99.99% availability with smooth operations.
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of software development/engineering experience
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining large-scale data infrastructures
- Experience in distributed systems, micro services and computing frameworks like Spark, Flink, Storm, etc.
- A fast learner and strong team player; Ability to quickly triage and troubleshoot complex problems
- Strong AWS Cloud Background on both development and operation.
- Strong CI/CD experiences and be able to understand and implement the automatic deployment.
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- 18 days PTO + 12 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Catered lunches
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.