Senior Software Engineer (Coupang Media Group)Seattle, Washington Job ID: 1990366
We are looking for people who are passionate about solving complex real-world problems, building world-class solutions, and benefitting millions of lives. At Coupang, developers learn from one another—we share knowledge and spur each other on to come up with great ideas—and move extremely fast to create profound impact together. You will also have the opportunity to tackle large-scale challenges that arise as we grow. This includes building in-house technology, innovating mobile architecture, and advancing possibilities with machine learning and deep learning. With you, we will build a world where our customers ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Coupang is investing in building a world-class Advertising business where we run relevant ads on key placements across our website and Mobile App. We are building the next generation of products and services that will fuel the future growth of Coupang’s ad solutions, by providing self-service advertising capabilities to our Sellers and Suppliers.
We are looking for passionate software engineers to build the ystems, infrastructure to power our ads product. This includes working on a greenfield project and building low latency and highly available services, scaling systems, building APIs for programmatic integrations. You will identify and solve hard problems to improve the system scalability, enhance the reliability, as well as optimize the resource efficiency..
Are you passionate in building low latent and highly scalable distributed services? Do you want to be part of huge opportunity in building world-class Coupang Advertising business? We are looking for leaders to build these Services.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or electrical/electronic engineering, mathematics or equivalent
- 3+ years of solid work with fundamental algorithms, system design, and large distributed systems
- 3+ years of coding experience in one of the following: with: C++, Java, Scala,
- Self-starter and innovator who likes to solve complex problems
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non- technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in multi-cultural, cross functional team
- Experience building highly scalable systems in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Experience with handling large data volumes in a distributed environment – ideally with both backend data processing and web tier data management
- Ability and desire to drive solid design work on multi-threaded/multi-process, distributed system
- A passion to explore, improve, automate and optimize distributed systems and tools.
- Ability to think outside-the-box and challenge conventional wisdoms
- Experience with advertising systems/Search advertising/Advertising Marketplace/Display advertising/Ad Server
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
- Experience working with AWS (Amazon web services)
- Experience working in startups
- Experience with Machine Learning, Elasticsearch.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Senior Software Engineer
- Software Engineering Manager
- Technical Program Manager
- Product Manager (Product Owner)
- Tech Recruiter
QA Mock System
The biggest challenge and goal for Quality Assurance (QA) testers is to conduct a final test for a product thoroughly to enable a smooth release of the product in terms of both quality and quantity. Then, what type of test is employed? There are various types of testing; functional test, interface test, performance test, and etc. For any test, what is most critical is data. Without sufficient test data, it is unlikely to ensure high coverage and quality of the product. QA testers are all well aware of this. Then, how can QA testers enrich, create and manage test data efficiently?
Evolving the Coupang Data Platform
Coupang is revolutionizing e-Commerce market of South Korea with last-mile delivery and rethinking discovery of products on mobile first platform. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask, “How did I ever live without Coupang?”
Being a data driven company, we rely heavily on data decisions right from customer journey to the best algorithm to optimize space in a fulfillment center. We use data to find bottlenecks at each step of the process and move faster as a company. To keep up with the constant demand for excellence in scale, availability, latency, concurrency, and fast data growth, we must constantly evolve our Data Platform.
Benefits and Rewards
Our mission is global
Coupang is a global business with offices in Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, Silicon Valley, Seattle and Los Angeles.
Our Korea office is located in downtown Seoul near Lotte World Hotel and Lotte World Mall.
Our office in Shanghai is conveniently situated near to restaurants and gyms, as well as to the Evergreen Hotel and the Chamtime Square Shopping Mall.
Our Beijing office is located in One Indigo, a Grade A-listed office tower. From our space on the 12th floor, you can take in expansive views of Indigo Park, the Ba River and the Beijing skyline. We are conveniently situated a few steps away from the Indigo Shopping Mall, and parking is easily available.
Mountain View, United States
Our Mountain View office is located in the Silicon Valley area across from the NASA Ames Research and Visitor Center.
Seattle, United States
Our Seattle office can be found in the heart of downtown Seattle near restaurants and tourist attractions such as the Pike Place Market.
Los Angeles, United States
Our office in Los Angeles is located in the Riverside area right next to the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park.