Senior Software Engineer
Seattle, United States
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As our Software Engineer for Coupang Media Group, you will be responsible for developing, designing the new features for our advertising platform.
Our group is responsible for advertising brands and products inside our ecommerce website. To get an idea of how valuable that is, Alibaba makes 56% of its profits from advertising. This is an opportunity to be part of building up a new development organization with strong revenue potential inside a successful company. We’re building full-stack engineering teams to handle large scale advertising problems, including real-time behavioral targeting, auctioning and bidding systems and search based advertising.
Key technologies you will work with are node.js, express.js, react.js, Postgres, AWS.
- Developing and driving the systems for Coupang Media Group.
- Implement full stack, high scale production systems with fault-tolerance and monitoring systems
- Building durable code, with the ability to scale with very large data volumes.
- Build and implement design frame work and self-service design
- Effectively lead and mentor the junior developers
- Communicate clearly and concisely with the team members, peers and leadership team
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Experience working with large data infrastructures
- Experience in distributed systems, micro services
- Experience in one of the following: node.js or react.js or express. Js
- Experience in one of the following: Java/C++/Scala/Python
- Ability to work in multi-cultural, cross functional team
- Experience with advertising systems
- Experience with high-scale systems (100k+ tps)
- Understanding of performance tradeoffs, load balancing and operational issues
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
- Experience working with AWS (Amazon web services)
- Bilingual in Korean and English
- Experience working in startups
- Experience with Machine Learning, Elasticsearch.
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- 18 days PTO + 12 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Flexible working hours
- Catered lunches
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
- This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
- If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
- Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.