Staff Back-End Engineer (Platform Services)Seattle, Washington Job ID: 3410124
We are looking for people who are passionate about solving complex real-world problems, building world-class solutions, and benefitting millions of lives. At Coupang, developers learn from one another—we share knowledge and spur each other on to come up with great ideas—and move extremely fast to create profound impact together. You will also have the opportunity to tackle large-scale challenges that arise as we grow. This includes building in-house technology, innovating mobile architecture, and advancing possibilities with machine learning and deep learning. With you, we will build a world where our customers ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
Staff Software Backend Engineer II (Platform Services)
As a Staff Backend Engineer II in Platform Services team, you will be responsible for designing and building solid infrastructure to construct, monitor and manage blaze-fast and consistent platform services. Your core mission is to provide company-wide and generic platform solutions with super high scalability, reliability and availability to unleash the productivity of Customer teams. You will have significant scope, impact and responsibility in shaping the future of Coupang platform services. You will be working in a friendly, synergistic, passionate and sharp team.
- Platform Services (PS) team develops and supports Coupang company-wide platform services.
- PS team constructs, monitors and manages blaze-fast and consistent platform services.
- We provide company-wide and generic platform services with super high scalability, reliability and availability to unleash the productivity of Customer teams.
- PS team has significant scope, impact and responsibility in shaping the future of Coupang platform services.
- PS team is a friendly, synergistic, passionate and sharp team.
- Architect and build Coupang's Platform Services.
- Write durable code with the ability to process tera-bytes and peta-bytes each day.
- Keep improving our platform stability, performance and achieving 99.99% to 99.999% availability with smooth operations.
- Work closely with Coupang internal and external Customers and wow them with our cutting-edging products.
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience in designing, developing and maintaining large-scale software infrastructures
- Solid (AWS) cloud background on both software development and operations
- Expertise in distributed systems and computing frameworks like Kafka, Spark, etc.
- Team player and fast learner with the ability to quickly triage and troubleshoot complex problems
- Strong ownership and be passionate about applying new technologies to real products
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Senior Software Engineer
- Software Engineering Manager
- Technical Program Manager
- Product Manager (Product Owner)
- Tech Recruiter
Benefits and Rewards
Our mission is global
Coupang is a global business with offices in Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, Silicon Valley, Seattle and Los Angeles.
Our Korea office is located in downtown Seoul near Lotte World Hotel and Lotte World Mall.
Our office in Shanghai is conveniently situated near to restaurants and gyms, as well as to the Evergreen Hotel and the Chamtime Square Shopping Mall.
Our Beijing office is located in One Indigo, a Grade A-listed office tower. From our space on the 12th floor, you can take in expansive views of Indigo Park, the Ba River and the Beijing skyline. We are conveniently situated a few steps away from the Indigo Shopping Mall, and parking is easily available.
Mountain View, United States
Our Mountain View office is located in the Silicon Valley area across from the NASA Ames Research and Visitor Center.
Seattle, United States
Our Seattle office can be found in the heart of downtown Seattle near restaurants and tourist attractions such as the Pike Place Market.
Los Angeles, United States
Our office in Los Angeles is located in the Riverside area right next to the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park.
- Senior, Supply Chain Solutions SCM Seoul
- Principal, Logistics Fleet Strategy / 배송차량 상세 사양 도입 및 개발 전문가 모집 Delivery Support Seoul
- [Coupang Fulfillment Services] Automation Maintenance Engineer (이천1 FC) Logistics Planning Seoul