Staff Software Engineer II, Catalog Data ScienceSeattle, Washington Job ID: 3563761
We are looking for people who are passionate about solving complex real-world problems, building world-class solutions, and benefitting millions of lives. At Coupang, developers learn from one another—we share knowledge and spur each other on to come up with great ideas—and move extremely fast to create profound impact together. You will also have the opportunity to tackle large-scale challenges that arise as we grow. This includes building in-house technology, innovating mobile architecture, and advancing possibilities with machine learning and deep learning. With you, we will build a world where our customers ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
Coupang’s catalog data science team is responsible for providing our customers with highest quality listing, and our seller the utmost convenience of selling using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. We leverage state of the art computer vision, natural language processing, and other deep learning algorithms to understand and represent market seller input. Our problem scope includes but not limited to: content embedding and indexing, image similarity and quality, Image moderation and quality control automation, product grouping and categorization services, counterfeit and illegal product detection. In addition to science innovations, we platformize our machine learning capacity into ultra scale platform to serve a broad range of internal teams in coupang, such as catalog, pricing, marketplace, search and retail.
We are looking for a passionate staff back end engineer to join our growing team. You will be working in a fast-paced environment along with a team of smart and passionate engineers and scientists. You will design and implement pipeline, monitoring, various systems, deep learning model serving and deployment. You will be challenged to optimize machine learning systems and models to meet our business needs. You will also have direct ownership of new features for improving CDS platform's scalability, reliability, availability, extensibility, and performance. We care about both delighting customers and building high-quality software and are looking for someone with proven track record of designing and building large scale distributed systems. Experience with building large scale machine learning system is preferred but not required.
· Building, owning, and maintenance of large-scale distributed systems
· Providing technical direction to junior engineers in the team. Advocate for engineering and operation excellence.
· Building and optimizing highly-scalable supervised and un supervised machine learning service involving computer vision, NLP, and other deep learning algorithms. Driving continual improvement to the efficiency and flexibility of the machine learning platform while keeping high bar for customer trust, performance, and availability.
· Establishing and executing short and long-term design and architectural roadmaps for the business. Engage with senior leadership, product owner(s), scientists in developing and executing team strategy and roadmap within Catalog and Marketplace
· Drive cross teams complex project and technology adoption
· Influence the product and technology direction of Coupang
· Strong problem-solving ability
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or an equivalent quantitative major
· 6+ years of solid work with fundamental algorithms, system design, and large distributed systems
· 6+ years of professional coding experience using modern programming language such as Java, Python, C#, etc.
· 7+ years of experience in software development, large scale distributed system design and implementation.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or an equivalent quantitative major
· Hands-on experience in one or more of the areas: machine learning, deep learning, pattern recognition, anomaly detection, data mining, computer vision, NLP, or content understanding
· Experience in productionize large scale machine learning systems and model cycle management.
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective software engineers
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
· Experience working backwards from the customer and delivering innovative, simple solutions
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Senior Software Engineer
- Software Engineering Manager
- Technical Program Manager
- Product Manager (Product Owner)
- Tech Recruiter
Benefits and Rewards
Our mission is global
Coupang is a global business with offices in Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, Silicon Valley, Seattle and Los Angeles.
Our Korea office is located in downtown Seoul near Lotte World Hotel and Lotte World Mall.
Our office in Shanghai is conveniently situated near to restaurants and gyms, as well as to the Evergreen Hotel and the Chamtime Square Shopping Mall.
Our Beijing office is located in One Indigo, a Grade A-listed office tower. From our space on the 12th floor, you can take in expansive views of Indigo Park, the Ba River and the Beijing skyline. We are conveniently situated a few steps away from the Indigo Shopping Mall, and parking is easily available.
Mountain View, United States
Our Mountain View office is located in the Silicon Valley area across from the NASA Ames Research and Visitor Center.
Seattle, United States
Our Seattle office can be found in the heart of downtown Seattle near restaurants and tourist attractions such as the Pike Place Market.
Los Angeles, United States
Our office in Los Angeles is located in the Riverside area right next to the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park.
- Senior, Supply Chain Solutions SCM Seoul
- Principal, Logistics Fleet Strategy / 배송차량 상세 사양 도입 및 개발 전문가 모집 Delivery Support Seoul
- [Coupang Fulfillment Services] Automation Maintenance Engineer (이천1 FC) Logistics Planning Seoul