Staff Software Engineer II (Common Frameworks)Seattle, Washington Job ID: 3395236
We are looking for people who are passionate about solving complex real-world problems, building world-class solutions, and benefitting millions of lives. At Coupang, developers learn from one another—we share knowledge and spur each other on to come up with great ideas—and move extremely fast to create profound impact together. You will also have the opportunity to tackle large-scale challenges that arise as we grow. This includes building in-house technology, innovating mobile architecture, and advancing possibilities with machine learning and deep learning. With you, we will build a world where our customers ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
Build next generation infrastructure to support Coupang’s phenomenal growth. Our team owns Coupang’s core infrastructure. We are in a process of building modern system to replace our aging technical stack. You will have a rare opportunity to put your vision and contributions into Coupang’s engineering system built for next 10 years. Your responsibility includes launching our next generation deployment system on Kubernetes and AWS for the company-wide to achieve smooth workload rollout at large scale, and developing our in-house API Gateway and Service Mesh solution.
What You Will Do
- You will architect and drive the build out of Coupang’s next generation infrastructure frameworks
- You will build durable code, with the ability to scale with very large data volumes
- Build our next generation deployment system on K8S and AWS for the company-wide to achieve zero downtime and smooth upgrading under large scale
- Operate and develop new features on our in-house API Gateway and Service Mesh to the company-wide
- Keep innovate on using AWS Cloud based component (Service Based) to replace our existing company data center hardware
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 6+ years of Software Engineering
- Experience in architecting, building and maintaining large-scale service infrastructures
- Experience in Java, distributed systems, micro services
- A strong team player; Ability to quickly triage and troubleshoot complex problems
- Strong CI/CD experiences and be able to understand and implement the automatic deployment
- Strong AWS Cloud Background on both development and operation
- Building and deploying Kubernetes, K8S or similar technology on AWS
- 10+ years experience Software Engineering experience
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Senior Software Engineer
- Software Engineering Manager
- Technical Program Manager
- Product Manager (Product Owner)
- Tech Recruiter
Benefits and Rewards
Our mission is global
Coupang is a global business with offices in Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, Silicon Valley, Seattle and Los Angeles.
Our Korea office is located in downtown Seoul near Lotte World Hotel and Lotte World Mall.
Our office in Shanghai is conveniently situated near to restaurants and gyms, as well as to the Evergreen Hotel and the Chamtime Square Shopping Mall.
Our Beijing office is located in One Indigo, a Grade A-listed office tower. From our space on the 12th floor, you can take in expansive views of Indigo Park, the Ba River and the Beijing skyline. We are conveniently situated a few steps away from the Indigo Shopping Mall, and parking is easily available.
Mountain View, United States
Our Mountain View office is located in the Silicon Valley area across from the NASA Ames Research and Visitor Center.
Seattle, United States
Our Seattle office can be found in the heart of downtown Seattle near restaurants and tourist attractions such as the Pike Place Market.
Los Angeles, United States
Our office in Los Angeles is located in the Riverside area right next to the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park.