Back-end Engineer (Search and Discovery Platform)Seoul, South Korea Job ID: 2041746
We are looking for people who are passionate about solving complex real-world problems, building world-class solutions, and benefitting millions of lives. At Coupang, developers learn from one another—we share knowledge and spur each other on to come up with great ideas—and move extremely fast to create profound impact together. You will also have the opportunity to tackle large-scale challenges that arise as we grow. This includes building in-house technology, innovating mobile architecture, and advancing possibilities with machine learning and deep learning. With you, we will build a world where our customers ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
The Search and Discovery Platform team is responsible for creating platforms that serves the Coupang user requests from all the frontend pages including Search and Category. As the platform team responsible for serving millions of requests from users our mission is to build highly scalable and extensible platform that is also highly availability and robust.
As part of our technology team, you will help architect and implement our next generation serving platform. You will also help the team to bring industry best practices in software development. Additionally, as a senior developer you will help junior members in the team to improve their engineering skills. You'll use a variety of technologies such as Hystrics, Cassandra, Kafka etc. to build pioneering e-commerce experience in new global markets.
We are a global engineering team located in Silicon Valley and Seoul, South Korea.
- Build an extensible and scalable serving platform to support our growing Customer base and selection
- Drive the highest quality of architecture and design of systems.
- Decompose complex problems into simple, straightforward solutions.
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability and availability
- Leverage knowledge of internal and industry best practices in design.
- Deep-dive and handle critical system issues.
- Collaborate with other search and discovery teams to make the platform open and extensible to unlock innumerable opportunities for innovations.
Who we are looking for!
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 3-5 years of experience working on software design and development in Java, C++
- Hands-on experience with designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems
- Experience with cloud computing like AWS
- Large system architecture design and development experience
- Experience with Java / IntelliJ / Spring environment
- Experience of developing RESTful web services and performance tuning
- Experience with Cassandra, Spark and Hbase
- Experience with Kafka and stream processing
- Ability to work in multicultural, cross functional team
- Experience in rxJava and reactive programming
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Senior Software Engineer
- Software Engineering Manager
- Technical Program Manager
- Product Manager (Product Owner)
- Tech Recruiter
QA Mock System
The biggest challenge and goal for Quality Assurance (QA) testers is to conduct a final test for a product thoroughly to enable a smooth release of the product in terms of both quality and quantity. Then, what type of test is employed? There are various types of testing; functional test, interface test, performance test, and etc. For any test, what is most critical is data. Without sufficient test data, it is unlikely to ensure high coverage and quality of the product. QA testers are all well aware of this. Then, how can QA testers enrich, create and manage test data efficiently?
Evolving the Coupang Data Platform
Coupang is revolutionizing e-Commerce market of South Korea with last-mile delivery and rethinking discovery of products on mobile first platform. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask, “How did I ever live without Coupang?”
Being a data driven company, we rely heavily on data decisions right from customer journey to the best algorithm to optimize space in a fulfillment center. We use data to find bottlenecks at each step of the process and move faster as a company. To keep up with the constant demand for excellence in scale, availability, latency, concurrency, and fast data growth, we must constantly evolve our Data Platform.
Benefits and Rewards
Our mission is global
Coupang is a global business with offices in Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, Silicon Valley, Seattle and Los Angeles.
Our Korea office is located in downtown Seoul near Lotte World Hotel and Lotte World Mall.
Our office in Shanghai is conveniently situated near to restaurants and gyms, as well as to the Evergreen Hotel and the Chamtime Square Shopping Mall.
Our Beijing office is located in One Indigo, a Grade A-listed office tower. From our space on the 12th floor, you can take in expansive views of Indigo Park, the Ba River and the Beijing skyline. We are conveniently situated a few steps away from the Indigo Shopping Mall, and parking is easily available.
Mountain View, United States
Our Mountain View office is located in the Silicon Valley area across from the NASA Ames Research and Visitor Center.
Seattle, United States
Our Seattle office can be found in the heart of downtown Seattle near restaurants and tourist attractions such as the Pike Place Market.
Los Angeles, United States
Our office in Los Angeles is located in the Riverside area right next to the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park.