Director, Category FP&A
Seoul, South Korea
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
The position will be a highly strategic Retail financial role, supporting budgeting & forecasting, and inventory management. In this role you will required to develop the operating and financial plan required to achieve strategic plans and goals; act as the primary liaison between the supported teams and Central Finance to facilitate the annual planning process, business updates, and monthly reporting deliverable.
What you will do:
- Analyze Category Flow and Optimization
- Track and update on Category analysis and modeling .
- Define key KPIs and identify opportunities for improvement through predictive analysis so that you can grasp the progress of the target in real time and take action in a timely manner.
- Dive deep on Coupang end-to-end Inventory process so that you can forecast inventory loss with your modeling whenever unforeseeable issues arise.
- Analyze the recall process and inventory loss
- Provide company-wide perspective to reduce aging SKU’s and help improve inventory health.
- Build realistic improvement measures based on the current status of your team and provide short-term targets for your team to achieve.
- Analyze Data and Reporting
- Establish Instock business strategies by extracting and processing data and ultimately support each domain and C-level leaders to solve urgent and crucial issues
- Contribute to automatic report generation using business intelligence tools, and utilized as part of a continuous efficiency improvement program.
- Improve and maintain the existing dashboard.
- Relevant experience in financial planning and analysis in a fast-paced technology oriented organization. Prior experience in supporting technology teams required.
- High level of process orientation and attention to detail. Experience leading and developing new financial processes, models and tools.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to partner with non-financial leaders in technology and compliance. Ability to communicate complex financial topics clearly.
- Strong MS-Office skills (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint) and experience with SAP.
- Expertise in financial modeling and excel.
- Strong analytical thinking. Be able to start with answer, provide data, and tell the business stories.
- Familiar with establishing and managing KPIs.
- SQL (NoSQL)
Recruitment Process and Others:
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.