Director, Corp IT Business Applications
Seoul, South Korea
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
Director Corp IT Business Applications
This role is an integral part of the Corporate IT team, this position is responsible for a collection of components that provides business functionality to use internally, externally and by business users to perform various business functions to increase productivity, to measure productivity and to perform other business functions accurately This role will manage the development, integration, implementation and maintenance of on/off premise cloud applications across the organization. This key role is responsible for software architecture; leading all integrations and application design related to projects and maintenance releases, ensuring that key milestones and project objectives are met. This role will be responsible for designing solutions which will support the business globally, are flexible, reliable, scalable, cost-effective, and are fit for the enterprise. They will help sustain a positive, inclusive, and productive culture across the wider IT and business teams.
- This position is responsible for shaping business applications and IT systems architecture, identifying gaps between current and desired end-states, and delivering comprehensive solutions that will enable achievement of the desired business outcomes
- Ensures the provision of appropriate resources to address systems' incident support and troubleshooting.
- Oversees the review and implementation of recommendations of technical solutions across multiple functions.
- Directs and oversees technical teams in the translation of business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions by building and maintaining partnerships with Business Analyst and IT leadership to ensure team members understand business needs and functional specifications.
- Oversees the management of multiple application portfolios and/or provides resources in support of those portfolios by leveraging partnerships with IT teams (for example, Operations, Infrastructure, Architecture, Quality Assurance, Business Analysts), vendors, and business leaders to ensure adherence of written code to company standards.
- Oversees efforts to ensure new and existing software solutions are developed with insight into industry best practices, strategies, and architectures.
- Takes accountability for ensuring specific interfaces, methods, parameters, procedures, and functions support technical solutions and are aligned with architectural designs.
- Provides oversight throughout the release schedule of business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment.
- Ensures appropriate guidance and mentoring is provided to other technical resources in the application development process.
- Oversees the technical management of vendors (e.g., offshore, application, service)
- Directs teams through all software development lifecycle phases by ensuring that teams understand and adhere to company methodology, policies, standards, and controls.
- Fosters and leverages partnerships with IT teams and vendors to ensure written code adheres to company architectural standards, design patterns, and technical specification.
- Oversees the development, configuration, and modification of integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions by providing leadership in the design and coding of component-based applications.
- Oversees the management of resource requirements throughout the PLC.
- Directs and oversees the development, validation, and execution of testing scenarios to identify application errors and ensure software solutions meet functional specifications
- Bachelor of Science degree or foreign equivalent in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or a related field
- 5-7 years of experience leading in house technology teams
- Demonstrated experience in Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Expert Technical Knowledge and experience in all applications and services development, implementation and support (architecture, requirements, developments, system design & configuration, integration, testing, data/information conversion & migration and system support)
- Extensive experience translating business requirements into technical specifications
- Will be a self-starter with a genuine passion for software implementation
- Proven track record of delivering on key business projects
- Strategic and holistic in your planning, design and delivery of solutions
- Understanding and experience of digital delivery and trends, Cloud Architecture, SaaS implementation, Testing and QA best practices
- Experience in the development of Mobile Phone/Tablet applications
- Experience with Agile development methodologies Experience with AWS/Azure, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, and related technologies
- 5+ years’ experience supporting SaaS products such as Salesforce, Atlassian, Slack, SoGo Survey, DocuSign, Groupware and Monday.com
- Experience with object-oriented language (Java)
- Management of Salesforce.com sandboxes, including their integrations; Chatter, Communities, and other Salesforce apps
- Able to expertly convey ideas and concepts to others
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and presentation) and relationship building skills
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to design solutions not immediately apparent
- Ability to participate in multiple projects concurrently
- Customer-oriented and shows a bias for action
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to document all customer interactions
- Identify recurring issues and escalate appropriately for permanent resolution
- Multilingual, Korean, and English
- Worked in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Five (5) years experience working in a global environment
- Five (5) years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with executive leadership (e.g., Vice President level and above)
- Five (5) years experience overseeing vendor relationships.
- Masters degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, or related field and Minimum eight (8) years experience in corporate management, project management, IT consulting, or related field. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job, and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice (US and China)
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- https://rocketyourcareer.kr.coupang.com/privacy-policy (Korea)
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.