Director of Account Management
Seoul, South Korea
Coupang is one of the fastest growing eCommerce platforms on the planet. Our mission is to create a world in which our customers ask, ‘How did I ever live without Coupang?’ Powered by innovative technology and operations, we have set out to transform the customer experience journey – from revolutionizing last mile delivery to rethinking how customers search and discover on a truly mobile platform. We have been named one of the ‘50 Smartest Companies in the World’ by MIT Technology Review and we are one of Forbes magazine’s ‘30 Global Game Changers’. Only nine companies including Amazon, Google, Facebook, Tesla Motors and Coupang have been named on both lists.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai and Silicon Valley.
As a Director of Account Management, s/he will develop optimal media plans with the full suite of Coupang advertising products to meet the advertisers’ goal/KPIs. As a people manager, s/he will hire and develop a team of Account Managers who should grow to be competent partners for the advertisers and other internal stakeholders. Actively involves in building Coupang AD products and systems with deep understanding about the market and advertisers’ needs.
- Develop the optimal media plan to meet the advertisers’ goals/KPIs
- Hire, coach, develop, and grow team of Account Managers
- Define processes and workflows that help Account Management team deliver amazing customer experiences
- Analyze performance data and provide data-driven insights to improve our advertising programs
- Help ensure that high potential advertisers reach their performance goals quickly and stay active and healthy
- Manage a portfolio of advertisers using business analytics expertise to proactively identify and realize opportunities to increase revenue and performance. Support the development of these advertisers’ ongoing independent growth and success.
- Monitor performance of advertisement across verticals and drive one-to-many activities to improve performance
- Build campaign optimization proposals that are meaningful, compelling and relevant to advertisers
- Monitor account performance for optimal ROI and advertiser satisfaction
- Work with Account Executives (AD Sales team), AD Operations team, and product/engineering teams to identify and solve issues blocking advertiser performance.
- Extend your expertise and best practices to the sales and service teams to positively impact all new advertisers to the platform.
- At least 10 years of direct experience in online media selling, online advertising account management/client services, online advertising operations, or yield/revenue management.
- At least 3 years of experience managing a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or other related fields.
- Successful track record of operationalizing and growing new business initiatives
- Strong cross functional leadership skills
- Proven ability to solve complex business challenges
- MBA or advanced degree in related field preferred
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, comfortable diving deep into the data and analyzing trends
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to effectively communicate across a broad range of technical and non-technical people
- Customer-driven product thinking and ability to identify and prioritize product requests
- Team player with strong persuasion skills
- Proactive attitude with excellent project and organizational skills
- Experience with new business development within web/tech companies