Director, Accounting Systems - Seoul
Seoul, South Korea
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the world. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Coupang is looking for a strong, results-oriented leader who can help us create the next generation of Accounting Systems. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes building high-performance reliable systems, and enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. We need someone to design and develop services that facilitate financial transactions worth billions (USD) annually as we are building Accounting & Finance applications to manage the fastest growing e-commerce business in South Korea.
- Own all recurring, operational aspects of our accounting systems, including user support, third-party and custom integrations, data transfers, accounting close activities, monthly reporting, performance optimization, data integrity, etc.
- Partner with Accounting, Finance and Technology leadership to assess what needs to be changed or re-engineered in order to streamline and improve systems and processes.
- Troubleshoot financial accounting systems integration issues by partnering with internal Corporate IT and Software Engineering teams.
- Seek out, design and implement automated systems for accounting and reporting to facilitate generation of routine reports, as well as cross-module integration and reporting.
- Identify and investigate areas of systems and/or personnel inefficiencies, and implement solutions and improvement programs, evaluating alternate solutions through software when appropriate; document current and future processes in support of efficient delivery of accounting and finance technology solutions.
- Communicate new processes and technologies to Accounting team members and any other relevant stakeholders.
- Maintains and improves control procedures on reconciliations and reporting, ensuring compliance with SOX requirements.
- Participates in cross-functional special projects as required, including involvement in potential acquisitions and new revenue streams.
- Report on status of work, quality, operations and system performance to management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems or related field
- 8+ years of Accounting or Financial Systems experience
- 3+ years of management experience leading software development or software implementation teams through multiple product releases
- A passion for people management, coaching and mentorship
- Ability to make analytical data-driven decisions applying strong technical ability to audit and design systems, manage projects and evangelize your team's products and ideas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Experienced in using agile methodologies to execute projects; experience in continuous process improvement.
- Master’s degree or MBA in Accounting
- Prior experience implementing/supporting Accounting or Financial systems.
- Experience directly supporting software engineering teams
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.