Director of Korea Tax
Seoul, South Korea
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Director of Korea Tax will maintain and comply with all the latest tax standards to reduce tax risk exposure for the company. Develop all tax deliverables with team including but not limited to filing VAT, local tax, corporate income tax and BEPS requirements etc. S/he will determine tax credits, provisions and minimize tax liability.
- Oversea tax package information requests and execute tax application systems for regular VAT, Local tax, Corporate Income Tax filings and BEPS requirements
- Develop all tax strategies and execute required plans to reduce all tax obligation or maximize tax credits, deductions for organizations
- Develop written responses to National Tax Services, local tax office notices or amended returns
- Respond to frequent internal inquires on VAT, Local tax, Corporate income tax, Withholding tax etc.
- Analyze all intercompany pricing policies and prepare all transfer pricing documents
- Analyze all business issues to identify tax implications
- Responsible for accounting for income taxes
- More than 10 years of relevant work experience in tax team
- Reporting skills, deadline-oriented, attention to detail, general math skills
- Fluent in Microsoft Excel/Word
- SAP experience
- Member of KICPA (Korean Institute of Certified Public Accountants) or KACPTA (Korean Association of Certified Public Tax Accountants)
- Proficient in English
- Experiences in M&A tax advisory services
- Seoul, Korea