Manager, Marketing Strategy (Travel)
Seoul, South Korea
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
Travel Business Operations team oversees all customer and seller-targeted marketing. Our goal is to maximize revenue on our platform by increasing traffic and seller engagement. Ideal candidate is a skiller marketer and creative thinker, who can create a strategic vision for the travel team.
What are the 4 things you need this person to do?
- own and drive short-term and long-term marketing strategies across digital, onsite, and social marketing channels targeting both customers and travel sellers
- strategically identify sources of marketing growth/profitability/efficiency
- plan and manage budget for all customer and seller-targeted marketing executions and contribute to developing annual marketing plans
- apply marketing expertise and manage, lead, and coach team members to achieve financial and operational objectives (ie. traffic, paid marketing efficiency, seller engagement, customer revenue, etc.)
- collaborate with both internal (ie. corporate marketing, live commerce, PR teams, etc.) and external partners (ie. paid marketing agency) to execute marketing plans
- use data-driven insight to report weekly and monthly progress to travel leadership
- act as thought leader and stay up-to-date on any current and emerging marketing trends and topics
- Bachelor’s degree with 7 years marketing experience (particularly digital, performance, partnership marketing)
- Minimum 2-3 years of people management experience
- Knowledge of marketing management and business analysis tools (ability to create a marketing budget and execution plan, monitor results and derive data-driven insight, and have problem solving ability for any issues that arise)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to facilitate meetings with internal teams and external partners
- English proficiency (does not need to be native, but enough to be able to communicate with global partners without a translator)
- Consulting-type of project experience working with tight deadlines and client expectations (including leading a team)
- Experience with top-tier ad agency or technology company with a marketing role (need to be able to multi-task and work in fast-paced and dynamic work environment, but also needs to be a self-starter and not wait for tasks to be handed to them)
Recruitment Process and Others:
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.