Principal, Back-end Engineer (Seller Portal)Seoul, South Korea Job ID: 2074307
We are looking for people who are passionate about solving complex real-world problems, building world-class solutions, and benefitting millions of lives. At Coupang, developers learn from one another—we share knowledge and spur each other on to come up with great ideas—and move extremely fast to create profound impact together. You will also have the opportunity to tackle large-scale challenges that arise as we grow. This includes building in-house technology, innovating mobile architecture, and advancing possibilities with machine learning and deep learning. With you, we will build a world where our customers ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
At Coupang we value two different types of customers: the people who purchase the products on Coupang.com, and the people who sell their products in our marketplace, sellers. Our teams of technical and business experts are focused on the seller experience and success, as we believe the sellers are the key drivers for the success of everyone engaged with Coupang service. Coupang Marketplace is an engine of growth for our third-party sellers, and they are now contributing to nearly 40% of the Coupang’s GMV. We have started to onboard global sellers from US , China and Europe with strong initiatives for building a next generation Global Marketplace.
Seller Portal team at Coupang is looking for a “Principal, Back-end Engineer” to lead the design and development of Marketplace platform that allows our vendors and third-party sellers to publish their merchandise to our catalog, fulfill orders and get paid, without the friction inherent in the traditional retail model. You will be responsible for building highly scalable, distributed systems to accommodate tens of thousands of sellers with access to tens of millions of products world-wide, and for designing the optimal solutions to provide the sellers with end-to-end sales experiences through our platform from publishing goods, fulfilling, shipping orders to payment. You will join a highly technical and entrepreneurial team building applications to disrupt the B2B e-commerce segment. You will participate in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance. You will evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing technologies and tools, and you’ll coach and mentor junior development engineers.
Coupang is a global company, where you will work with the best in the industry, with many of our team members coming from Amazon, Microsoft, eBay, PayPal, Facebook, and more! You will work in a collaborative, dynamic, entrepreneurial and open environment to deliver value incrementally and frequently. Our agile environment will enable you rapidly innovate with the most cutting-edge technologies.
- Actively work with team through the full lifecycle of solution, including platform selection, technical architecture design, application design and development, testing and deployment.
- Provide technical tips to other programmers in the team.
- Develop analytics with a mind toward accuracy, scalability and high performance.
- Actively work with team to define, design, and develop software applications for Seller's Portal Platform.
- Actively work with team to review the engineering design and drawings
- Works cross-functionally with stakeholders to define and drive feature enhancements/requirements/prioritization
- Set clear, measurable quality goals for the feature in a data-driven way
- Have the obsession to drive a better customer experience through everything that we do here at Coupang.
- Raise the bar on functionality, flow, consistency, usability, and simplicity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- 10+ years software development experiences
- 3+ years hands-on experience with designing and developing on distributed architecture systems up to Tera/petabyte data handling using Open Source software.
- Expert with one or more programming language such as Java/Python/Scala
- Understanding of architectural principles and design patterns / styles using parallel large-scale distributed frameworks
- Deep knowledge of RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server) and NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB, Dynamo DB
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of technical solutions, design patterns, and code for medium/complex applications.
- Thorough understanding of service-oriented architectures and data processing in high-volume applications. Full SDLC experience (requirements gathering through production deployment).
- Ecommerce startup background
- Master’s degree in computer science.
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Senior Software Engineer
- Software Engineering Manager
- Technical Program Manager
- Product Manager (Product Owner)
- Tech Recruiter
QA Mock System
The biggest challenge and goal for Quality Assurance (QA) testers is to conduct a final test for a product thoroughly to enable a smooth release of the product in terms of both quality and quantity. Then, what type of test is employed? There are various types of testing; functional test, interface test, performance test, and etc. For any test, what is most critical is data. Without sufficient test data, it is unlikely to ensure high coverage and quality of the product. QA testers are all well aware of this. Then, how can QA testers enrich, create and manage test data efficiently?
Evolving the Coupang Data Platform
Coupang is revolutionizing e-Commerce market of South Korea with last-mile delivery and rethinking discovery of products on mobile first platform. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask, “How did I ever live without Coupang?”
Being a data driven company, we rely heavily on data decisions right from customer journey to the best algorithm to optimize space in a fulfillment center. We use data to find bottlenecks at each step of the process and move faster as a company. To keep up with the constant demand for excellence in scale, availability, latency, concurrency, and fast data growth, we must constantly evolve our Data Platform.
Benefits and Rewards
Our mission is global
Coupang is a global business with offices in Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, Silicon Valley, Seattle and Los Angeles.
Our Korea office is located in downtown Seoul near Lotte World Hotel and Lotte World Mall.
Our office in Shanghai is conveniently situated near to restaurants and gyms, as well as to the Evergreen Hotel and the Chamtime Square Shopping Mall.
Our Beijing office is located in One Indigo, a Grade A-listed office tower. From our space on the 12th floor, you can take in expansive views of Indigo Park, the Ba River and the Beijing skyline. We are conveniently situated a few steps away from the Indigo Shopping Mall, and parking is easily available.
Mountain View, United States
Our Mountain View office is located in the Silicon Valley area across from the NASA Ames Research and Visitor Center.
Seattle, United States
Our Seattle office can be found in the heart of downtown Seattle near restaurants and tourist attractions such as the Pike Place Market.
Los Angeles, United States
Our office in Los Angeles is located in the Riverside area right next to the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park.
- Principal Product Manager (Ads Platform) Product Management Seattle
- Principal Product Manager (Ad Serving) Product Management Seattle
- Principal, Data Engineer (Pricing Competitor Intelligence) Data Engineering Seoul