Principal, Operations Research (Logistics Strategic Capacity Planning)
Seoul, South Korea
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
This is a critical role that requires an aptitude for taking initiative, thinking long-term, and delivering results to drive innovation in logistics modeling and optimization.
- Develop strategic capacity solutions for the logistics network.
- Partner with supply chain and operations to drive modeling and design for complex business problems.
- Design and prototype decision support tools to automate standardized processes and optimize trade-offs across the full decision space.
- Lead complex modeling analyses to enable key business decisions.
- Masters/Ph.D. in Operations Research, Transportation Management, Operations Management, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or a related field.
- 7 years experience in design simulation, modeling and optimization.
- Experience in writing scripts (such as Perl, Ruby) to manipulate data and knowledge of programming languages (C++, Java, and Python).
- The ability to implement models and tools through the use of high-level modeling languages (e.g. AMPL, Mosel, R, Matlab, Julia) is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong problem-solving ability and the ability to work in ambiguous and constantly evolving environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team.
- Proficiency in English language is required.
- Experience in e-commerce and last mile operations.
- Experience in supply chain or capacity planning.
- Korean language skills are a plus.
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.