Senior, QA Engineer (CMG Tech)Seoul, South Korea Job ID: 2030239
We are looking for people who are passionate about solving complex real-world problems, building world-class solutions, and benefitting millions of lives. At Coupang, developers learn from one another—we share knowledge and spur each other on to come up with great ideas—and move extremely fast to create profound impact together. You will also have the opportunity to tackle large-scale challenges that arise as we grow. This includes building in-house technology, innovating mobile architecture, and advancing possibilities with machine learning and deep learning. With you, we will build a world where our customers ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
The Coupang Media Group (CMG) is responsible for providing vendors that sell their products on Coupang a host of marketing products and services. We launched Product Ads which is a bidded performance advertising marketplace late in 2018. We have grown rapidly in the past year with 100% quarter over quarter growth. Business growth will accelerate into 2020 and we are building the team to get us there.
You will be responsible for designing and testing solutions for Coupang’s advertising platform. You must be self-motivated, result-oriented with strong programming and testing skills and experience, and have experience using best-of-breed tools, technologies, and practice.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in business and technology
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, cross-functional team
- Translate the desired business outcome to technical solutions that meet operational and business needs
- Translate requirements and guidelines to test scenarios, cases, and strategies.
- Automate test process and test automation tools and frameworks
- Implement unit, regression, integration, performance, security, and acceptance tests
- Bring solutions to the organization and improve the value proposition and efficiency of the overall platform
- Participate in all level of product design and work with product owners, product development team, and end product user
- Have knowledge of and ability to teach and mentor other engineers
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related fields
- Experience of 5+ years as a SDET
- Strong understanding of Web-based product and API development
- Exposure to various testing methodologies and the complete software development process, not just the testing life cycle
- Experience in the advertising and/or eCommerce domains
- Strong knowledge of database systems, data warehousing concepts
- Highly scalable cloud-based software and deployments
- Proficiency in web services / API design
- Experience in agile software development
- Exposure to behavior driven development
- GUI testing / Cross-browser testing
- Testing suits and frameworks – Zephyr, TestPad, MS Test, NUnit, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver, SilkTest, etc.
- Related experiences with using Kafka, Redis, Hive, Hadoop, Spark
- Have a broad knowledge of Amazon Web Services, Distributed systems, Service-oriented / Message-oriented architecture
- Proficiency in SQL and/or NoSQL
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Senior Software Engineer
- Software Engineering Manager
- Technical Program Manager
- Product Manager (Product Owner)
- Tech Recruiter
Benefits and Rewards
Our mission is global
Coupang is a global business with offices in Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, Silicon Valley, Seattle and Los Angeles.
Our Korea office is located in downtown Seoul near Lotte World Hotel and Lotte World Mall.
Our office in Shanghai is conveniently situated near to restaurants and gyms, as well as to the Evergreen Hotel and the Chamtime Square Shopping Mall.
Our Beijing office is located in One Indigo, a Grade A-listed office tower. From our space on the 12th floor, you can take in expansive views of Indigo Park, the Ba River and the Beijing skyline. We are conveniently situated a few steps away from the Indigo Shopping Mall, and parking is easily available.
Mountain View, United States
Our Mountain View office is located in the Silicon Valley area across from the NASA Ames Research and Visitor Center.
Seattle, United States
Our Seattle office can be found in the heart of downtown Seattle near restaurants and tourist attractions such as the Pike Place Market.
Los Angeles, United States
Our office in Los Angeles is located in the Riverside area right next to the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park.