Senior Technical Program Manager (EOS)
Seoul, South Korea
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As an Engineering Operations & Strategy Technical Program Manager, you will work closely with members of multiple business & Engineering teams to help identify pain points in Engineering processes, design and develop processes to streamline Engineering operations, with the goal to minimize Engineering risks while maximizing for efficiency and quality. You will also own and build necessary data sets and metrics to measure the effectiveness of solutions and continuously enhance engineering processes. In addition, you must possess a high degree of collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical teams and stakeholders of various levels.
The TPM in this role will structure and drive large complex cross-team technical initiatives in support of regulatory and compliance initiatives to drive enhancements to overall engineering operations, including developer productivity, web and endpoint security and much more!
- Work with a broad set of business and Engineering stakeholders to design, socialize, launch and maintain Engineering operations programs across multiple geographies and time zones
- Document playbooks and processes that set a global standard for Engineering operations that balance the needs for regulatory compliance and Engineering excellence
- Manage and maintain a broad understanding of our technical architecture, but with the ability to dive deep to understand touchpoints and dependencies between teams, and bring teams together as necessary to solve common problems
- Understand and develop necessary processes to manage financial and operational risks relevant to Engineering
- Be a resource for technical, business, and program management perspectives to enable seamless communication across teams and project execution
- Own your programs end to end, from charter, roadmap, plan, design, build, execute, deliver, monitor performance and adoption
- You have 7+ years of Engineering or Program Management experience at large-scale organizations
- You are flexible, agile and fast learner able to context switch effectively
- You have a mindset for scalability and a proven record in building systems and processes for scale
- You possess a solid business acumen and can contextualize and balance Engineering needs with the needs of the business
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and emotional intelligence
- You are data driven and experienced in determining effective program KPI's and using them to measure program success and issues
- You have a background in the e-commerce or payments industry(ies)
- You have a minimum of 2-4 years in systems or process design adopted by a variety of internal teams
- You are highly effective at cross-group collaboration and know how to get the right people in the room to solve problems
- You have strong knowledge or experience in agile development methodologies, security architecture or incident management
- You have a background in risk management
- Application Review -> Phone Interview -> Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview -> Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job, and maybe changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.