Sr. Manager, Data Engineering (Data Platform)
Seoul, South Korea
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Coupang’s EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse) is built on top of the cloud service AWS (Amazon Web Services.) Data storages used by EDW include S3, Redshift, which is an MPP database provided by AWS, and EMR based in Hadoop environment. We use Airflow for the overall task scheduling, and Tableau, Cognos and other visualization tools to serve data to hundreds of users.
As Data Engineering manager, you will lead and manage team member's performance, skill improvement and evaluate team member.
As a manager of the team, you must be able to delegate effectively, manage project timelines, and influence your team to build world class applications.
- Provide technical leadership to the team members
- Data quality, data governance management / improvement
- Code / Tables design review
- Design the roadmap of next generation DW framework - databases, BI, Report, Data support
- Consideration of data processing performance - database tunning, hadoop, spark or any other big data technologies
- 5+ years of people managing experience
- 10+ years of experience developing data warehouse / mart and related techniques
- Experience in leading data warehouse or Business Intelligence projects / teams
- Data Pipelines / ETL development, datastage, SSIS, Airflow and any other open source ETL tools experience
- Experience in data modelling to meet large scale requirements
- Strong data processing experience (ETL, parallel processing / programming) or reporting development (BI, Tableau, Power BI)
- Good to have: Development tool experience other than SQL / Database. For example, Java, Python, C# etc.
- Agile development process experience
- Manager experience in terms of engineering techniques and human resources
- Communicate between long distance offices
- Experience in development of NoSQL database and Messaging Platform
- Experience in the field of retail business e.g. logistics or deliver
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.