Sr. Manager Procurement Operations
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As our Sr. Manager Procurement Operations for Global Procurement Team, you will be responsible for operational reporting and insights to make our consumer experience world-class.
This role is an integral part of the Global Procurement team, involving the effective leadership and oversight of the Procurement Operations team and ownership of the end to end Procure-to-Pay process. This newly created position will report into the Head of Global Procurement.
The Global Procurement team is a fast paced and dynamic organization, which is chartered to directly support all Coupang’s business partners on a global basis. The ideal candidate will have a passion for procurement operations and process improvement, while following a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach for the organization. The Procurement Operations team works in close collaboration with Business Partners, FP&A, Legal, and Accounts Payable to successfully deliver procurement services.
- Helping develop, mentoring, and supervising a team of procurement operation analysts to meet service level expectations and exceed key performance indicators
- Actig as a day-to-day escalation point for operational issues and acquisitions affecting Procurement
- Leading the process re-engineering of existing procurement processes
- Leading the development and implementation of a best in class eprocurement system and other assigned procurement transformation related activities
- Spearheading continuous improvement projects to drive further operational efficiencies impacting procure-to-pay
- Reviewing/approving assigned purchase order requests to insure compliance to process & policies while preserving data integrity
- Consolidating and leverages Coupang spend to achieve improved cost, quality, service, and innovative technology solutions from vendors/suppliers within assigned spend category.
- Directing and/or overseeing the review, coordination, and administration of long-term and/or blanket purchase contracts for indirect services and the fulfillment of contractual obligations; including the development/establishment and coordination of Request for Proposals (RFP) in the assigned spend categories.
- Assisting with new vendor on-boarding and supplier lifecycle management related activities
- Modelling and promoting Coupang Leadership Principles to create an environment that mobilizes empowered people to achieve business goals.
- Other duties as assigned
- One who has Strong understanding of operational accounting, procurement, accounts payable and basic finance topics
- One who has 7+ years experience in Procurement/Purchasing/Technology related field
- One who has Prior supervisory experience
- One who has Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- One who has Good written & verbal communication that foster collaboration with teammates and business partners
- One who has Ability to train end users on the procure-to-pay process
- One who has Extensive experience in procurement related systems and tools
- One who has Multifaceted & intermediate level problem solving and analytical skills
- One who has Robust technical acumen & systems conceptual aptitude
- One who has Strong business process proficiency
- One who has Ability to manage high volume of requests from multiple customers in a timely, accurate & efficient manner and prioritize with minimal supervision
- One who Projects a professional image through communications whether by telephone, email, or in person
- One who is capable of or is fluent in English communication
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.