Sr. Manager Strategic Sourcing
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As our Sr. Manager for Stragegic Sourcing Team, you will be responsible for operational reporting and insights to make our consumer experience world-class.
This newly created position is an integral part of the Global Procurement team and responsible for the Strategic Sourcing of key spend categories supporting Coupang company-wide. This is a critical role in Coupang’s Procurement transformation and highly dependent on team capability development along with working closely with key business partners to lead and implement category management, strategic and operational sourcing, and supplier management activities
In this role, the successful candidate will leverage traditional strategic sourcing models including category analysis, short-term/long-term category planning, consolidation, supplier scorecards and vendor management. Coupang’s sourcing process includes multiple phases from building a category strategy, identifying specific sourcing opportunities, contract negotiations, purchase order issuance, and implementation. The process involves steps such as preparing global market research, price/cost analysis, "should cost" models, TCO, industry trends, commodity best practices and industry benchmarking to drive sourcing decisions.
In addition to the specific sourcing, procurement, and vendor management responsibilities, this position will contribute to the maturity of the overall function. This includes creating and refining processes, tools and templates that can be applied to across all vendors and categories worldwide.
- Directing, managing, and/or supervising a matrix team tasked with: creating category spend plans, goals, objectives, forecasts and/or metrics; establishing sourcing best practices; developing & maintaining systematic, analytical, and results-based methods for monitoring vendor/supplier performance; identifying/tracking cost reduction opportunities; and reporting results.
- Leading the development and directs/manages the execution/roll-out of global sourcing and demand management strategies for the respective spend categories; in cooperation with the respective functional management.
- Consolidating and leverages Coupang spend to achieve improved cost, quality, service, and innovative technology solutions from vendors/suppliers within the respective spend category.
- Directing and/or overseeing the review, coordination, and administration of long-term and/or blanket purchase contracts for indirect services and the fulfillment of contractual obligations; including the development/establishment and coordination of Request for Proposals (RFP) in the assigned spend categories.
- Creating integrated processes among appropriate business units and outside suppliers to execute the planning and implementation process and reduce supply base, lead-times, and inventory levels.
- Developing strong partnering relationships with internal management and strategic suppliers
- Developing/coaching commodity teams and assist in mentoring and training team in best practices.
- Acting as the lead negotiator with suppliers in assigned spend categories to deliver stated objectives.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of world-class indirect sourcing processes to ensure that existing processes are targeted to attain excellence versus industry benchmarks.
- Modelling and promoting Coupang Leadership Principles to create an environment that mobilizes empowered people to achieve business goals.
- All duties as directed or modified.
- One who has Degree from a top tier university with a major in finance, accounting, supply chain, business management; MBA preferred
- One who has 10 or more years of work experience in Sourcing & Supply Chain, or Procurement, preferably within Management Consulting and with a focus on indirect categories (Facilities, technology, professional services, T&E, HR, Professional Services, etc.)
- One who has Experience with leading cross-functional stakeholders across levels without direct reporting line for successful design and execution.
- One who has Ability to quickly identify key stakeholders, establish and maintain strong relationships with cross-functional partners
- One who Analyzes 3rd party spend and develop a roadmap for Category Spend management transformation
- One who has Negotiates vendor contracts with best in class terms and conditions that reflect specific business needs and SLAs
- One who has Manages pipeline of multiple sourcing projects and report on costs savings
- One who has Solid team player; can work cooperatively and effectively in a team environment
- One who has Strong consultative / analytical / problem solving skills
- One who has Excellent interpersonal / communication / negotiation skills
- One who has Self motivated, reliable, passionate, and can keep to deadlines
- One who has Multiple category experience
- One who has Experience with eProcurement implementations and procurement transformations is a plus
- One who is capable of or is fluent in English communication
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.