Sr. Principal, Corporate Development
Seoul, South Korea
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
Identify, evaluate and secure external opportunities such as talent, technology, business and product to inorganically grow Coupang’s customer value. Build a strong network in startup ecosystem with incubators, accelerators, venture capital firms, and leading startups in the areas of interest.
What You Will Do:
- Maximize customer value through corporate development activities such as corporate investment, M&A and strategic partnerships
- Execute transactions to realize synergies with business units and penetrate into new businesses
- Leading and supporting inorganic strategy development and execution by partnering with business leaders across the organization
- Implementing corporate development activities including investments, M&A, talent acquisition and strategic partnerships across the deal lifecycle from sourcing to deal execution & post-merger integration
- Coordinating with internal teams and external advisors for cross-functional reviews and due diligence activities
- Reviewing and leading preparation of investment memos and executive presentations for leadership
- Analyzing relevant business domains to synthesize meaningful insights and inform leadership decisions
- Supporting establishment of ongoing processes and skill-sets to strengthen corporate development function
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field from a well-known university
- Minimum 5 years of experiences in investment or M&A ideally in tech. sector through one or more of the following: venture capital, investment banking, corporate development, management consulting
- Good financial modeling and/or data analytics skills
- Formal writing skills (both in Korean and English)
- Fluent in English, ideally at native level
- Proficiency in MS-Office (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
- Experience in e-commerce companies and/or consumer tech. startups in product management or business development roles
- Degree in Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
- Prior experience accounting or legal field
Recruitment Process and Others:
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.