Sr. Principal, Technical Program Management (Security)
Seoul, South Korea
Director, Technical Program Management (Security)
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
The Director of Security Technical Program Management is an interdisciplinary security leadership role in the Security Organization (Information Security, Privacy, Governance, Risk, Compliance, and Physical Security). You will lead the planning, communication, tracking and execution of highly technical security initiatives and transformative programs and projects. You will work closely with the Chief Security Officer, Chief Information Security Officer, Chief Product Officer and other security and engineering leaders.
What You Will Do
- Build and lead a team of Technical Program Managers, while forging close relationships with cross-functional leaders
- Define and lead strategy, tactical planning and execution of multiple technical programs and projects across the Security Organization, and in close collaboration with internal partner organizations and teams
- Strengthen Coupang’s overall security posture and culture by acting as the bridge between security, engineering, product, infrastructure and other technical teams, while coordinating high impact security programs and projects
- Enhance our capabilities to protect Coupang, our customers and partners
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- 15+ years of technical program, project or product management and/or software engineering experience
- Proven experience moving large scale technical programs from inception to delivery and articulating progress and impact through clear metrics, analytics and reporting
- Ability to solve problems through creative thinking and partnerships with other teams
- Highly organized and with the ability to multi-task and context switch effectively
- Drive consensus between stakeholders through skilled communication and collaboration
- Skilled communicator with acute active listening abilities
- Exposure to security concepts, problems and solutions
- Experience with agile development or methodology, DevOps CI/CD or secure development lifecycle practices
- Has worked in a high growth, fast-paced, start-up environment
- Led or participated in establishing and running a Project Management Office (PMO)
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) or Program Management Professional (PgMP)