Staff, Data Analyst (Customer Experience Product Analytics)
Seoul, South Korea
Job Description Summary:
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
The Customer Experience Product Analytics team partner with Product, Engineering, and cross-functional teams to inform, influence, support, and execute product strategy and investment decisions. On a daily basis, Data Analyst work with customer clickstream big data to generate actionable insights, answer complex business questions, and help us deepen our understanding of Customers. As a Data Analyst(=Business Analyst) on the team, you will focus on Coupang mobile app performance and optimization, including conversion tracking by applying various KPI’s, along with analyzing the success of A/B and multivariate testing initiatives.
- Analyze large-scale structured and unstructured data; be proactive with asking questions, ensuring that the right questions are being answered with appropriate level of rigor and that analyses lead to clear and actionable recommendations and impactful product changes.
- Hypothesis Validations – Generate test hypotheses and clearly validate opportunities/recommend actions that can have positive improvements in customer experience and business KPI’s.
- Test Analysis – Drive proper A/B analysis with statistical rigor and perform cohort studies to answer “why?” on test result drivers. Ideate more complex tests from an analytical and insightful reporting perspective
- Tell a Concise Story – At completion of Tests, build timely, compelling, fact-based test recaps that strongly communicate the business ‘story’ behind the data and test outcomes
- Communicate Results – Identify successes, failures, trends, and effectively communicate these findings to the organization. If test results are positive – analyze KPI improvements in pre/post A/B test roll-outs; if results are negative – perform driver analysis to recommend next iteration of that test
- Bachelor’s degree in Quantitative field (Statistics, Engineering, Business), or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in Analytics
- At least 4 yours in product analytics, with demonstrated experience in decision making using data working with senior stakeholders
- Working knowledge of experiment design and analysis (A/B test)
- Ability to handle data - SQL, Python or other querying language
- Master’s degree in Quantitative field (Statistics, Engineering, Business)
- Has experience in E-commerce product analytics
Recruitment Process and Others:
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job, and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.