Staff, Machine Learning/Ranking Engineer (Recommendations)Seoul, South Korea Job ID: 3407079
We are looking for people who are passionate about solving complex real-world problems, building world-class solutions, and benefitting millions of lives. At Coupang, developers learn from one another—we share knowledge and spur each other on to come up with great ideas—and move extremely fast to create profound impact together. You will also have the opportunity to tackle large-scale challenges that arise as we grow. This includes building in-house technology, innovating mobile architecture, and advancing possibilities with machine learning and deep learning. With you, we will build a world where our customers ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
The Recommendation Team owns Coupang’s product recommendation, personalized gateway and product review quality. We use state of the art Machine Learning and Deep Learning technologies to recommend products that customers would love. We continuously innovate and build our highly scalable Machine Learning platform to support the fast growing business and customer needs.
About the role:
Mine vast amount of data to gain insights from customer behavior; create data jobs to generate Machine Learning features; build, train and improve new or existing models; participate in building the framework used for Recommendation online serving; etc. These are all the components included in the end to end system for serving Recommendation to our customers. As a Ranking Engineer in the Recommendation team, you will be owner of this system. In a controlled environment, run experiments to validate and launch any features that would improve the customer experience.
Who we are looking for :
• 5+ years experience working with large-scale, complex datasets to extract robust features and create reliable machine learning models.
• Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns and solving problems with data science.
• Fast paced self-learner with proven record of launching successful features and improving business metrics.
• Write robust and efficient code using Java with unit and integration tests.
• Understand production environment, continuous build, monitoring and alerting
• Industrial experience working with online serving system working at scale
• Theoretical understanding and hands-on experience with different
• Recommender systems
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Online Coding Test - Phone Interview (Algorithm/Coding) - Full Cycle Interview (Architecture Design/ ML / Cultural Fit) - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Senior Software Engineer
- Software Engineering Manager
- Technical Program Manager
- Product Manager (Product Owner)
- Tech Recruiter
Benefits and Rewards
Our mission is global
Coupang is a global business with offices in Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, Silicon Valley, Seattle and Los Angeles.
Our Korea office is located in downtown Seoul near Lotte World Hotel and Lotte World Mall.
Our office in Shanghai is conveniently situated near to restaurants and gyms, as well as to the Evergreen Hotel and the Chamtime Square Shopping Mall.
Our Beijing office is located in One Indigo, a Grade A-listed office tower. From our space on the 12th floor, you can take in expansive views of Indigo Park, the Ba River and the Beijing skyline. We are conveniently situated a few steps away from the Indigo Shopping Mall, and parking is easily available.
Mountain View, United States
Our Mountain View office is located in the Silicon Valley area across from the NASA Ames Research and Visitor Center.
Seattle, United States
Our Seattle office can be found in the heart of downtown Seattle near restaurants and tourist attractions such as the Pike Place Market.
Los Angeles, United States
Our office in Los Angeles is located in the Riverside area right next to the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park.
- Principal, Program Management (3PL) Business Planning Seoul
- Senior Recruiter (Ecommerce Recruiting) HR Seoul
- Pricing Operation Associate (Price Sharpness Inspection) E-Commerce Operations Seoul