[Catalog] Principal Product Owner
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Coupang catalog supports multi million items from hurderends of thousands of Sellers and Suppliers. The catalog gets updated for millions of transcations every day in a realtime.
Product Owners (also known as Product Managers) at Coupang are mini-CEOs with end-to-end ownership of a specific area. They manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to implementation to maximize Customers’ satisfaction. As a Product Owner, you will be responsible to rethink how our millions of Customers search, discover, and purchase items across our vast product selection. You will work closely with the design and engineering teams to create the best product search and discovery experience, from “intent” based shopping to delighting the Customer with serendipitous product discovery on every visit. You will leverage our data from machine learning, data mining, A/B testing, Customer feedback and usability studies to validate new product features that improve the buying experience for our Customers. You will focus on delivering a world-class mobile-first shopping experience – over 70% of our traffic is on mobile!
As a Product Owner, you will be expected to:
- Own the product vision, strategy, roadmap and KPIs of a specific area of the Customer shopping experience
- Have a deep understanding of the Customer and provide the Voice of the Customer
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from inception to launch, including writing product requirements, defining use cases, and setting success metrics
- Identify opportunities to improve purchase conversion by removing any friction points in the end-to-end shopping experience
- Inspire the team with the product vision and work cross-functionally to bring the product to life
- Work with business stakeholders to drive growth of our eCommerce Retail and Marketplace businesses
- Build a best-in-class Customer shopping experience for the mobile app and website
- Minimum 5 years of experience in product management, including developing, delivering and executing on a strong product vision
- Analytical thinker who works well in a fast-paced, data-driven and highly ambiguous entrepreneurial culture
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects
- Bias for action and willingness to get your hands dirty to get the job done
- Sound business judgment and proven ability to effectively communicate and influence others
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- e-Commerce experience
- Experience in launching consumer facing products in mobile
- Startup experience