Principal Backend Engineer_Fraud Detection SystemShanghai, China Job ID: 2231634
We are looking for people who are passionate about solving complex real-world problems, building world-class solutions, and benefitting millions of lives. At Coupang, developers learn from one another—we share knowledge and spur each other on to come up with great ideas—and move extremely fast to create profound impact together. You will also have the opportunity to tackle large-scale challenges that arise as we grow. This includes building in-house technology, innovating mobile architecture, and advancing possibilities with machine learning and deep learning. With you, we will build a world where our customers ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
Principle Backend Engineer
The eCommerce Fraud Detection team is dedicated in making Coupang’s eCommerce business fraud free. We are seeking a talented, enthusiastic and technology-proficient backend engineer, who is eager to participate in design and implementation of a large-scale, highly efficient data platform, real-time services and tools. You will work closely with a team of data scientists, and engineers to ensure we detect fraud in e-commerce business and take actions to protect our business.
- Drive design and implementation of durable & efficient software solutions that handles massive amount of structured and unstructured data
- Develop and scale data infrastructure that powers batch and real-time data processing
- Build strong cross-functional partnerships with Data Scientists, Analysts, Product Managers and Software Engineers to understand data needs and deliver on those needs
- Research, analyze and select technical approaches for solving difficult and challenging development and integration problems
- Coach and mentor other engineers in process and methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of professional software development experience, preferably in Java related technologies
- Strong fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Solid experience with handling large data volumes in a distributed environment and web data management
- Experience with big data ecosystem(Spark, Hive, HBase, etc.), solid experience with ETL or Data Warehouse
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy
- Comfortable with working in an agile fast paced startup-like environment
- Experience in development of Petabyte-Scale NoSQL database and Messaging Platform
- Experience in taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
候选人隐私声明/Applicant Privacy Notice
- Senior Software Engineer
- Software Engineering Manager
- Technical Program Manager
- Product Manager (Product Owner)
- Tech Recruiter
Benefits and Rewards
Our mission is global
Coupang is a global business with offices in Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, Silicon Valley, Seattle and Los Angeles.
Our Korea office is located in downtown Seoul near Lotte World Hotel and Lotte World Mall.
Our office in Shanghai is conveniently situated near to restaurants and gyms, as well as to the Evergreen Hotel and the Chamtime Square Shopping Mall.
Our Beijing office is located in One Indigo, a Grade A-listed office tower. From our space on the 12th floor, you can take in expansive views of Indigo Park, the Ba River and the Beijing skyline. We are conveniently situated a few steps away from the Indigo Shopping Mall, and parking is easily available.
Mountain View, United States
Our Mountain View office is located in the Silicon Valley area across from the NASA Ames Research and Visitor Center.
Seattle, United States
Our Seattle office can be found in the heart of downtown Seattle near restaurants and tourist attractions such as the Pike Place Market.
Los Angeles, United States
Our office in Los Angeles is located in the Riverside area right next to the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park.